Question Teleporting object to another object's location and rotation

Verex

Reactions
I thought this would be easy, but I'm at a loss. Essentially, I want to spawn animation steps at the hip control so that no matter what pose I move the character to, the animation is the same. I can't parent the animation steps to the character because when the animation activates, they move with it so it goes crazy!

If I could parent some objects to the character's hip control and then teleport the animation steps to those when I want the animation to play, that could work, if I knew how to teleport objects!

Solution
I thought this would be easy, but I'm at a loss. Essentially, I want to spawn animation steps at the hip control so that no matter what pose I move the character to, the animation is the same. I can't parent the animation steps to the character because when the animation activates, they move with it so it goes crazy!

If I could parent some objects to the character's hip control and then teleport the animation steps to those when I want the animation to play, that could work, if I knew how to teleport objects!
You can do that using Timelines parenting feature, first parent hipcontrol to atom that is in off state, such as pelvis, then animate your hipcontrol.
Now your hipcontrol animation will be relative to pelvis and you'll be...
I'm not sure on what you want to do:
  • Move the person somewhere else and not snap back to the original location?
  • "animation steps": are you using animation patterns and you want those to be attached to the person so that when you move it they go too?
  • Some other atoms other than the person that you want to move autonomously within your animation?
  • And ultimately, is it a animation you made or someone else's?

Upvote 0

You can do that using Timelines parenting feature, first parent hipcontrol to atom that is in off state, such as pelvis, then animate your hipcontrol.
Now your hipcontrol animation will be relative to pelvis and you'll be able to move character freely.
If you want to add this animation to already animated/moving character, what you can do is create new blank animation, parent and animate hipcontrol there first, and then copy/paste frames using bulk.
P.S. You might need to use pose feature for this to work, Im not sure. :unsure:

Upvote 1
Solution
Now your hipcontrol animation will be relative to pelvis and you'll be able to move character freely.
If you want to add this animation to already animated/moving character, what you can do is create new blank animation, parent and animate hipcontrol there first, and then copy/paste frames using bulk.
P.S. You might need to use pose feature for this to work, Im not sure. :unsure:
This appears to be exactly what I was looking for. It works perfectly, I never knew about that feature. Thanks a lot mate!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom