Question Tan Skin

pizzlepole

Reactions
I feel like an idiot for asking this, but does anyone know how to turn a normal skin texture more tan? I've tried playing with offsets, changing the texture diffuse, spec & subsurface colors... I just can't seem to get it right. I either end up with gray skin or something way oversaturated.

Any tips or tricks out there?

In Daz, this technique is referred to as the "diffuse tan". You can make an existing skin texture that is presumably fair skinned look more tanned, but it takes a proper choice of which direction you "push" the texture. You would want the slider for shade somewhere between red and yellow, then play with the little square in the color box. The further down you drag it, the darker things get. The further to the right, the more like the color on the color shade slider. You can only push a texture toward tanned so much before it starts looking fake. This is what I call the "spray painted" look. In particular, the palms and soles of the feet will look too dark. You can get skin textures that look tanned. You can also get decal sets that add tan lines.

Upvote 0
Atom -> Skin Materials 1 -> Skin Color: Set Red 214, Green 191, Blue 150. Start there and play around with it.

Upvote 0
The menu has changed in the years since I made this jpg, but the method still works.

making a tan.jpg

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom