• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Editing existing skins to have tanlines?

Murasaki

Reactions
Hey, as the title says, I'd love to know how would I go about taking an existing skin and editing it to add more detail like tanlines?
Never messed around with edits like this before so no idea how difficult it is or what to use but I really want to give it a shot .

Do you know about the tanlines pack that comes with VaM? DJ.tanline.1.var in your addonPackages folder. Open it in package manager and you'll find instructions for it.

They work by applying a partially transparent white decal over the original skins, lightening the "untanned" areas. This method doesn't provide the best results, but it has the advantage of being able to be applied to any skin. Open the var with a zip utility and check out the files to see how it was done.

Otherwise, you'd want to edit existing skins in Gimp or photoshop and lighten areas by hand. That would require more technical know-how and artistic talent than I have.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom