Tags/Flag In-Game for Hub-Hosted Content

CitizenX

Reactions
At first I thought this would just be a good incentive for users to upload to the Hub instead of posting external links, but it occurred to me there's a lot of content out there that won't ever be shared publicly (paid, licensed, personal use, etc.). And discussions always come up over it being hard to know what you can use in a shareable scene and what you can't...

So I think it'd be great at some point down the road if there were in-game indicators of what content you have is on the hub. So then, for example, you could filter clothes or hairstyles to ONLY show publicly available content, and limit yourself right from the start when creating your scene/look.

Agreed. Ideally the license in the var itself should indicate that. I think when making a new var, the package builder could easily check if the dependencies could be found on hub or not. Then it would be shown as another warning. Obviously better to know this before creating package as well, so special indicator on the item itself would be good. This will require some user opt-in because it will have to scan all your local packages and send query to Hub about availability.

Back
Top Bottom