Sunlight SubScene Demo

Scenes Sunlight SubScene Demo

Rootlus

Reactions
rootlus submitted a new resource:

Sunlight SubScene Demo - Demo Scene featuring my Sunlight Subscene which is a tool for adding natural Sunlight angles

Based on a random location on the east coast of the USA. Approx 36N and 80W.

Sunlight will adjust based on the amount of time passed due to the tilt of the earth and how that effects shadows.
You can use the triggers to scrub to the different seasons for quicker setup.
24sec/day is the default time for timeline as I didn't want to make the yearly tilt timeline outrageously long. Even at 24sec/day the whole year will take 2.4hrs.
The slower speeds are just a timeline slowdown, so...

Read more about this resource...

I found that there is a big problem with VAM's lighting. It does not have global illumination, so the sunlight can only cast shadows but cannot bounce to the characters or objects. This makes the characters and objects appear dim.

I found that there is a big problem with VAM's lighting. It does not have global illumination, so the sunlight can only cast shadows but cannot bounce to the characters or objects. This makes the characters and objects appear dim.
Yeah really hoping meshed gets global and raytracing working right in VAM2. There technically is scene global lighting you can adjust in your settings but it is gross and doesn't look good. In this scene specifically the Interior asset came with pre-baked Ambient lighting. Meaning it is like a texture. You still need to Physically light your model in some way shape or form. I suggest adding an invisible light or two a ways away from your model, Setting it to spot and widening it out to about 170. then increase range but lower intensity and adjust the color until it matches the Baked lighting texture yet still lights your model in a believable way. My subscene just adds a dynamic directional light that mimics the suns movements. It's great for accent lighting like the shadows through the window frame. It's just seasoning the dish. still gotta make the food sadly.

Attachments

• GiaSunlightPosebite.PNG
    GiaSunlightPosebite.PNG
    9.6 MB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom