Plugins SPQR Performance

S

SPQR

SPQR submitted a new resource:

SPQR Performance - general settings to improve quality or performance

DESCRIPTION

An experimental plugin that allows changing the physics rate, somewhat similar to the vam physics update rate setting but might give more control and fine-tunning for specific purposes like very heavy scenes.

For normal scenes where there are no bottlenecks in the physics updates it probably won't be of much help performance-wise. Otherwise it might give a small boost at the cost of physics quality.

INSTRUCTIONS

Can be added as as session or scene plugin...

Read more about this resource...

Am I the only one who seems to get better physics and improvement in performance with VAM set to max physics rate and this set to like 60?
It absolutely is not placebo because doing the vice versa makes the game run terrible and physics jittery.

Maybe you monitor refresh rate is also 60 and your rig is ok with this timing. That's why you think it's better. About the plugin - I don't understand the purpose - just another place to change value?

Maybe you monitor refresh rate is also 60 and your rig is ok with this timing. That's why you think it's better.
Unity does a set amount of physics operations per second. This allows you to change that number. On heavy physics scenes it might help at the cost of physics quality. has nothing to do with monitors

About the plugin - I don't understand the purpose - just another place to change value?
i didn't know there was another plugin doing it. you should go use that. i don't plan to update this plugin

Sorry, I didn't want to make an argue. But the physics rate can be changed from VAM's GUI, now I've watched the movie and I can see that you gave more control.

oh you mean vam settings physics caps and all that. i don't understand how those works tbh. there's been many discussions around it like and it's not clear exactly what they do. i don't think they do the same thing as this though, it's something more complex and balanced. I'm pretty sure i tested it back then when i released the plugin like 45hz to 90 vs 45 to 90 in the plugin and it wasn't the same. but there's the caps thing too, idk. but anyway yeah the point was to go much lower like at 30 or 20 to see an actual difference in performance.

but it's an experimental thing. if you want better performance in general i recommend givemefps

no you don't lol

don't have her anymore anyway, i quit vam for like 2-3 months later that month after i made this, i deleted most of the stuff from back then

Back
Top Bottom