High Performance Volume Light

Plugins High Performance Volume Light

You can have many parameters to adjust it. light cloumn is the core of volume light. I'll add options later. However, if you think it's ugly, I think it's your parameters that aren't adjusted correctly. You can try more. The effect shown below is easy to achieve.
View attachment 189171

Hmmm... so this plugins only for that foggy thingy that you call volume light? I thought it replaces in game light (performance frendly light). NO?

Hmmm... so this plugins only for that foggy thingy that you call volume light? I thought it replaces in game light (performance frendly light). NO?
The main purpose of volume light is to simulate the effect of light source passing through fog. Render a specific atmosphere. I'm using approximate simulation technology here. The real volume light technology consumes a lot of performance, so it's difficult to support VR, and it can't be higher performance than ordinary lighting.

Last edited:
Just found this, looks stunning :love:. However, I can't figure out how to turn off the light once the plugin is added, it looks like the volumetric effect is always on. Is there a way to trigger it to turn off?

Ideally, the intensity of the volumetric effect would correspond to the intensity of the Light Atom.

Thanks.

EDIT: Found the relevant option "Alpha InOut From Light" :)

Last edited:
It's awesome as it is.

If there was an option to have the base as a rectangle (instead of a cone), it would fit windows perfectly:

That screenshot is from this scene if you wanna check in VR:

As a cone, it's perfect for the lights in the studio:

Last edited:
PluginIdea updated High Performance Volume Lighting with a new update entry:

Efficient group control, effect improvement, performance optimization, core bugs fix.

1. Add efficient group control. You can add a plug-in to the parent atom (such as the child scene atom) once, so that all the child atoms can produce beams in batches. And group control is carried out for each parameter. This will greatly improve your work efficiency and create amazing results.
2. Group-based control greatly improves the plug-in performance.
3. Add direct control over the brightness of the light beam. Now you can easily create a more...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there a way to turn off the fog? If so, we could replace regular vam lighting and greatly speed up this slow game. Foggy lighting pairs well with scenes like this demo, but rl normal scene is very odd to have it be foggy unless it's a scary scene, right?

does creating multiple subscenes for multiple lighting groups hurt performance anymore than just having a single subscene?

It's awesome as it is.

If there was an option to have the base as a rectangle (instead of a cone), it would fit windows perfectly:

That screenshot is from this scene if you wanna check in VR:

As a cone, it's perfect for the lights in the studio:
I will make relevant updates in the near future.

Last edited:

Smoother attenuation transition, The effect is more natural.

Through the further optimization of light beam Mesh and Shader. The attenuation transition of volume light is more natural (and a separate slider is added to control this transition), and the impression has been greatly improved.

Not only does it eliminate the ladder effect of the previous light beam, but the light beam can also be truly and perfectly integrated with the environment.
View attachment 231286

View attachment 231287

Hey, love your plugin! Makes a huge difference!

I've got a question and an "issue" :D

The light sphere is visible through a model that uses the "hide character" or "character transparency" plugin - which kinda makes sense since it hides the character's body, however there's still the texture/skin in this case....

Would it be possible for you to adjust the plugin so that the light sphere gets blocked by the textures/skin too?

Cheers

Attachments

• highvolumetriclight.png
    highvolumetriclight.png
    539.2 KB · Views: 0
Hey, love your plugin! Makes a huge difference!

I've got a question and an "issue" :D

The light sphere is visible through a model that uses the "hide character" or "character transparency" plugin - which kinda makes sense since it hides the character's body, however there's still the texture/skin in this case....

Would it be possible for you to adjust the plugin so that the light sphere gets blocked by the textures/skin too?

Cheers
Ok, I'll try to solve it.

Add an additional independent brightness control switch.

Based on the feedback, a switch is added to control the brightness based on the Dynamic Friction of the atom (because this attribute is not usually used for empty atoms).
This increases flexibility in a large number of lighting controls.
It is off by default.
View attachment 314471
View attachment 314472

View attachment 314473

Back
Top Bottom