Reactions
Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
Acid Bubbles submitted a new resource:

Spawn Point - A plugin that allows moving the player to a specific location with a trigger, or on scene load

Spawn Point

😘 Like my plugins? Sponsor me on Patreon and get early access to new versions! https://www.patreon.com/acidbubbles

💬 Need help using this plugin, or want to discuss? Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VtUpPkb

This is a plugin that allows moving the player to a specific location with a trigger, or on scene load.

Simply add it to an...

Read more about this resource...

This is awesome, thanks for sharing this!

One request if I may, unless there is some other work around for this problem, would it be possible to make this work with any added Atoms when already in the scene? So if I had a chair Atom, it'll be sent directly to the spawn point as well (or maybe a "New Atom Spawn Point"). Probably would need to disabled physics before adding atom, add atom and move to spawn point, then activate physics. But would make scene creation a lot simpler!

I don't speak german, at least not fluently! I know it sucks but if you could use Google Translate, it'd save me some time :) To answer your question, SpawnPoint is pretty straightforward. You create an Empty atom, add the SpawnPoint plugin, and whenever you want to "teleport" there, you need to use the "Spawn" trigger (using a UIButton for example). Hope that helps!

Ich spreche kein Deutsch, zumindest nicht fließend! Ich weiß, es ist scheiße, aber wenn Sie Google Translate verwenden könnten, würde es mir etwas Zeit sparen :) Um Ihre Frage zu beantworten, ist SpawnPoint ziemlich einfach. Sie erstellen ein leeres Atom, fügen das SpawnPoint-Plugin hinzu, und wann immer Sie sich dorthin "teleportieren" möchten, müssen Sie den "Spawn"-Trigger verwenden (z. B. mit einem UIButton). Ich hoffe, das hilft!

He meant that you should add more Use Cases / Demos / Screenshots / Tutorials / Videos how to work creative with your nicy Plugins :)
I agree .

I am a visual Person and my Brain needs examples how to integrate a Plugin like this.
The Description only gives me a huge "?" ;)

Its same what i discussed with Timeline.
It needs examples and perhaps Presets and some tips how do do a perhaps handjob or BJ Movement or Doggy Movement for 2 Persons for Beginners.

The Scene Creatives here keep their Secrets as the Look Creatives.
You rarely even get a reply from them here if people ask for creative help.
Actually in 150 Questions i posted i got like perhaps 2 replies from anyone Patreon Look / Scene "Creative "

Most Feedback i got are from people like you the Plugin Creators but Scene or Look Creators, rare.
As long as its advertising their pay content they are active but not with helping the Beginners , silence.
My Opinion in the months i am here.

So we Beginners need use Cases and examples how to create Things with your Tools without being a 2 Year long PRO.

I have the Spawnpoint plugin added to an empty atom. When I trigger it with a button, nothing happens. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

@Lione yeah and surprisingly almost all of my time with VaM is helping people (not as much recently because of... life you know) but I know what you mean. Getting something to work is hard, getting something to be easy to use is very hard, doing great documentation and training videos requires extreme dedication. I did documentation and videos on Embody, Timeline and some for Keybindings but I know I could do more :) So, I hear you, but also keep in mind most of us are doing this for fun in our spare time, so we're doing our best (can't speak for others though but I'm sure I'm not the only one with a constant feeling of "not doing enough")

@Virtual Voyeur Anything useful in the error log? It should be pretty straightforward and "just work".
I'll take a look and see if I can find any errors related to it. I'm actually having a difficult time getting anything to work tbh. One minute everything in my scene will work fine, even after I log off and back in. Then I'll load it up again later, not change a thing, and nothing will work. It's fairly frustrating.

I found a bug. Although I removed the “√” of the plugin, clicking on“spawn now” still works, unless I remove the entire plugin.

Does this also control rotation? I have tried to set a specific rotation but it seems to change based on where I am when I load the scene in VR.

It seems to do rotation fine from a standing position but laying down rotation seems to vary based on the starting point in VR. My solution right now is to just start all VR scenes standing.

So actually, even after putting the spawn point in a standing position, the rotation seems to vary wildly based on where I am when I put the headset on. I have double checked the Y rotation *value* of the spawn point itself and it hasn't changed. But, for example, if I center my Virtual Desktop so that I can see it while sitting on my bed before loading VAM, the spawn point has a completely different opposite *effective* rotation than if I center Virtual Desktop while sitting in the chair opposite the bed.

Okay. I think I finally have a consistent solution:

0) Put the headset on anywhere in the room you want
1) Stand in the exact same spot every time you launch Virtual Desktop. I stand with my head against a post in my room with my feet in the same position every time.
2) Start VAM in VR mode and stay in that spot
3) Stay in that exact spot and center the Spawn Point where your head is and keep testing rotations and translations so that you are consistently in the correct spot in the scene.
4) Every time you load the scene, repeat steps 0-2 and then load the spawn point

And, final report so far, even with the solution above, I simply cannot get an *exactly* consistent reload. I usually have to change the Spawn Point Y rotation by at least a few degrees when loading in the scene, even if I stand in the exact same spot when putting on the headset and all through the other steps. But it is much more consistent than before.

My personal test for this is that I have in-game objects matching and covering 6 different posts and a divider in my room across a wall using passthrough, so it is very obvious when they are out of sync in terms of rotation and by how much.

My guess is that this is just a limitation of the Quest 3 in aligning its boundary / coordinate system to the room and within the expected error range.

Last edited:
I was trying to add persons in a room far from the default spawn position but I have no idea how to get this to work.

Would there be a way to use this, or a second version of it, to have it work with non-person elements? Like have a toy or something return to the spawn point upon trigger, etc? Or is there another way to of doing this that I may not be aware of yet?

Back
Top Bottom