• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved Sound Asset Question

HiGuy69lol

Reactions
I'm using a custom asset... Mofme's Fuck Machine. It comes in two modes: On (moving with sound), or Off (no movement or sound).

My issue is that the sound is extremely annoying after a minute and quite loud. I've searched for sound settings in VAM, searched to remove the sound file within the folder, and attempted to add MacGruber's AudioAttenuation plugin to the scene, object, or asset, but I get an error stating the plugin need to be placed on a Person, AudioSource, AptSpeaker atom... ect.

Is the machine's sound file contained within the .json file? If so, is that editable?

Any advice to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, and Mandy would also appreciate it... she wants to try out her new toy and is waiting patiently in her apartment for me to figure this out. :LOL:

Solution
The AudioSource is build into the CustomUnityAsset (Mofme's Fuck Machine) and that is afaik not accessible with VaM's user interface.
Here is a script that does removes any AudioSource the from atom where it's loaded on.
Copy it to <VaM>\Custom\Scripts\ and then in VaM select the CUA atom > Plugins > Add Plugin > Select File ... > *load it*
Should be silent instantly. Not the perfect solution, adding a volume slider would be better for sure, but I just made this quick before going to sleep.
A sound media file is not a text-type file like JSON.
Look for atoms called AudioSource, I think there's a couple of them there. In the atom list check "See hidden atoms" in case they're hidden.

Upvote 0
A sound media file is not a text-type file like JSON.
Look for atoms called AudioSource, I think there's a couple of them there. In the atom list check "See hidden atoms" in case they're hidden.
Sorry atani... i'm new to VAM... like just last week. Am I adding a new AudioSource atom to the scene, then linking it to the machine? or I am searching for the AudioSource file accociated with the machine and deleting it?

Upvote 0
No, you don't want to add one, you want to find one that is used in the scene so that you can change its volume.

Click the mouse arrow icon in the main menu to see the atom list in the scene. If you're in luck there's one or more called AudioSource... and they could be the sources for the sounds that annoy you.
If you can't find them you could kill the sounds entirely by going to Scene Audio in Edit mode (vertical UI) and remove any sounds listed.

Upvote 0
The AudioSource is build into the CustomUnityAsset (Mofme's Fuck Machine) and that is afaik not accessible with VaM's user interface.
Here is a script that does removes any AudioSource the from atom where it's loaded on.
Copy it to <VaM>\Custom\Scripts\ and then in VaM select the CUA atom > Plugins > Add Plugin > Select File ... > *load it*
Should be silent instantly. Not the perfect solution, adding a volume slider would be better for sure, but I just made this quick before going to sleep.

Attachments

• CUAaudio.cs
    533 bytes · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Solution
No, you don't want to add one, you want to find one that is used in the scene so that you can change its volume.

Click the mouse arrow icon in the main menu to see the atom list in the scene. If you're in luck there's one or more called AudioSource... and they could be the sources for the sounds that annoy you.
If you can't find them you could kill the sounds entirely by going to Scene Audio in Edit mode (vertical UI) and remove any sounds listed.
Thank you atani. I appreciate your response. I'm learning, so I'll be able to contribute myself someday. There were no audio files, but Sally's script worked.

Upvote 0
Fantastic... it worked. Thanks to ton!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom