Question No sound in VR

theguy58

Reactions
I have sound in desktop mode but when I go into VR mode there is none and I can not figure out why this is. I use the Oculus Quest 2 linked to my computer.

Might just be the volume being very low.
If either Life or Essentials packages are used in your scene, check whether there are AudioAttenuation plugins placed on any AudioSources or Characters. That plugin has a separate volume slider for VR. As for the headset I had at the time (Occuls Rift CV 1) the volume is significantly higher, I made the default quite low. I made a survey at the time and a lot of people had that issue. Using other headsets or non-standard headphones the volume might be more normal, so you might not hear anything.

Upvote 0
Might just be the volume being very low.
If either Life or Essentials packages are used in your scene, check whether there are AudioAttenuation plugins placed on any AudioSources or Characters. That plugin has a separate volume slider for VR. As for the headset I had at the time (Occuls Rift CV 1) the volume is significantly higher, I made the default quite low. I made a survey at the time and a lot of people had that issue. Using other headsets or non-standard headphones the volume might be more normal, so you might not hear anything.
I cant find the audio sliders. I'm probably just blind but could you tell me how to get to them?

Upvote 0
Maybe your scene just doesn't use my plugins. However, then it would be a different cause...the mentioned issue only happens when you actually use my plugins.

E.g. when a Person uses my Life plugin, you got the AudioAttenuation plugin here:
1708808471859.png

By default the VR volume is pretty low....something around 0.7 is probably more right:
1708808534565.png

Upvote 0
Maybe your scene just doesn't use my plugins. However, then it would be a different cause...the mentioned issue only happens when you actually use my plugins.

E.g. when a Person uses my Life plugin, you got the AudioAttenuation plugin here:
View attachment 338854

By default the VR volume is pretty low....something around 0.7 is probably more right:
View attachment 338855
Thanks but I don't think this is the problem. Not even default scenes with no plugins have sound.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom