Sound and voice

Floger

Reactions
I really want to add voices to my scene, but I can't figure out how. There are no lessons anywhere. Help me if you can. I will be very grateful to you!

It is not difficult but difficult to explain from memory:
First you will need some voice sound files, of course.
Then go to the scene menue, which you can find at the most left side of the main menu.
Now search for the tab named something like "sound".
At that tab, add your sound files one after another (you can use plugins for batch load, but lets keep simple).
Now VaM "knows" your sound files and you can use them.
Add some sort of trigger to the scene.
In the trigger menu, add a new trigger entry.
Select the propper figure, search and select "head audio source".
Now select one of the play options like "play if clear".
Now select the sound file you want to play by selecting the option for external files.
Press "test" if it works.
Ready. Sounds complicated, but once you have done that some times, you will most likely get used to it.

If you only want to use the internal sound files, start from the trigger part.

Yes, VaM has a steep learning curve, but therefore you can create almost everything that comes into your mind.
Once you know the basics, you maybe want to take a look at some plugins to add sound a bit more easy.

PS: you can find some of the stuff I have explained in the Wiki (see main tab menu above).
This is how to add external sound files, for instance:

Last edited:
One of the most important things, too me at least, is when using a collision trigger, the trigger has to collide with something if the sound should play at the moment the scene is loaded. A wall, the floor or whatever. I just figured this out in the last weeks, was a big step forward for me 😁

Back
Top Bottom