Question So much missing addons and dependents in simlpe standart model packing.

sexpilot

Reactions
PLEASE help me!
I try to fix it problem many many hours, but cant (((

When I start to build a .vam file to hub in simple model game showing me SO MUCH dependents...
I try to dell all files from AddonPackages, but not work.
After that I tru to NOT USE a red buttins in Female Morphs (maybe it depends by this Addons), but not work...
I NOT use any plugins, not use a NC Clothing, not use any envirument, just open clear template scene and try to build pack, but not working...
What I do wrong?

I prepare a scene.
2021-10-01_20-59-23.png

In references your see only 6 files.

But when I start pack....

2021-10-01_20-58-43.png

2021-10-01_20-58-56.png

SO MANY missing adoons.
And pack not building.

What I do wrong in my packing?

Thank you.

First of all (one thing many creators don't do),
have second clean up to date client for testing your stuff before uploading on hub (it's only ~19.2GB).
There is no vam install (it's portable), it's true you can do everything with single client
but if you are not familiar with everything, than you can't trully test content before upload (inside same client that you build stuff).

Now about your issue:
-you can't build/finalize package?
-or those are errors you get when you load scene from package you just built?
-did you clear error log before loading your scene (you sure those errors are from your scene)?

If you removed all stuff from AddonPackages, you should restart vam (yes, you can use refresh or hard reset, but best to be safe and restart vam).

You have to understand how reference/dependencies system works (many users don't, and just give up on idea about fixing stuff if have 100 dependencies).

Removing stuff from AddonsPackages won't remove dependencies inside scene or look,
since they are stored inside .json(or vap) file of that scene/look/preset/etc.

"Individual" files can't pull references itself.
-that includes sounds, images, morphs, assets
-also hairstyles & clothing (assuming they are built correctly and doesn't reference to other package for core textures)

With a little time and investigation you can easily back-track all core references and change/remove them, you just need to know where to look (.json & .vap).
if you need more info about this part look guide bellow or i can give you more details

Once you add .json inside package builder and prep package, it lists all references that this particular content (json or vap) is using (referencing to).
It doesn't list references that your references are using (aka sub-dependencies).

Can't go into too much details since i don't 100% understand what is the issue (i can only guess, from info you provided).
those errors you are showing are reference issues for other packages (probably sub-dependencies & stuff you removed from Addons folder, i need more info, since non of errors point to your test package).

It's true that VAM is missing documentation, especially for newcomers (wiki is great but still incomplete).

-there is basic guide about creating var package
however it asumes
you know how most of the VAM stuff works, what is custom content (local or package), how to indentify it, what can pull references, how to update package, etc...

-or trying to narrow down dependencies

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom