Skin Micro Detail & Tessellation Plug-In

Plugins Skin Micro Detail & Tessellation Plug-In

Love this plugin - is it possible to make a version that is a session plugin? Applied to all persons in a scene automatically.
The way I automatically apply it to al persons is using CheesyFXs cheesypluginsuite session plugin. And it will allow you to save a person plugin preset to all persons automatically. Or can just do all females or all males.

Hi, is there any way to disable certain body parts from using you plugin, like the face? I can get the settings to look good in VR, but just the face is left with noise no matter what.

Hey dude love this plugin, its definitely one that requires just the right touch.
Micro detail is great for normals. Any chance of adding more material slots to tile a gloss texture and another for specular? Could be tick to enable setup if that makes it more simpler. Would add an insane awesomeness i think!

Is it possible to compatible with Hunting-Succubus' Hide Skin By Mask plugin?

Hi, is there any way to disable certain body parts from using you plugin, like the face? I can get the settings to look good in VR, but just the face is left with noise no matter what.
The newest version has four separate "Detail Scale" sliders, one for each part. You could set the scale to 0 for the parts you want to disable. Unfortunately this may make the texture seams a bit more obvious.

Hey dude love this plugin, its definitely one that requires just the right touch.
Micro detail is great for normals. Any chance of adding more material slots to tile a gloss texture and another for specular? Could be tick to enable setup if that makes it more simpler. Would add an insane awesomeness i think!
I would love to but unfortunately the built-in VaM shaders only support detail normal maps. So this would require injecting my own skin shader which would require a lot more work. I may explore this at some point but it's a big undertaking.

Is it possible to compatible with Hunting-Succubus' Hide Skin By Mask plugin?
I'll have to take a look and see if there's a built-in vam shader that supports both detail maps and alpha cutoff. If so, I could incorporate the same feature in my plug-in pretty easily. Maybe the next release.

I would love to but unfortunately the built-in VaM shaders only support detail normal maps. So this would require injecting my own skin shader which would require a lot more work. I may explore this at some point but it's a big undertaking.
Ah damn! so its going onto the detail slot that unity uses. im not sure how the normal details texture slot works for the shader, ive created plenty of shaders but never one with that function. might be an interesting thing for me to look up on. anyway love the plugin man :)

Hello, I wanted to say that I cannot make this Plugin's Tessellation work along with Hunting Succubus' Subsurface Scattering Plugin (or rather, the Plugin's own Tessellation effects seem to conflict with yours, even if I disable the Tessellation effect in Hunting Succubus' Plugin with yours activated).

I made sure to load your Plugin after HT's SSS. If I enable HT's SSS Tessellation, it works, but it also always seems to take precedence regardless. If I actually uncheck it to disable it, then the Tessellation from your plugin doesn't do anything at all, even if I check the box for Prevent Shader Overwrite.

I'm using Hunting Succubus' Subsurface Scattering version .9, specifically the Person Atom version (I cannot use the Session Plugin version as it has a bug that prevents the hiding of the Lacrimas Material, which I need to remove on some stylized / cartoon-style characters; but the Person Atom version does not have that bug; I mention this because there might be a difference in how the Plugin operates between the Session Plugin version, versus the Person Atom version).

Now, if I actually completely disable HT's SS Plugin, then finally your Plugin's own Tessellation does work. But yeah, regardless of what I do, or which order I put your Plugin versus his, in the Person Atom's Plugins list, nothing works for as long as HT's SS Plugin is activated (even if I disable its own Tessellation check box within the Plugin's options just to leave the Subsurface effect, which is what I'd like to try out of course).

UPDATE: Hummm... well it works, but not in an expected way?

To me them work together, I have to uncheck Prevent Shader Overwrite in your plugin, and then leave its menu, then go into HT's SSS Plugin's menu, and activate Tessellation there. And then, go back into your Plugin's menu and from there I can actually change the Tessellation values with your own sliders. Not sure if that's the 'intended' way? But in any case, I guess it works now. I get both the SSS effect and the skin Micro Detail effect from your Plugin. (Ignore all of this then I guess, it works, I just thought we had to check the Prevent Shader Overwrite checkbox but I guess in my case it's working by unchecking it, instead).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom