since when oculus' hand tracking works in vam and how to use it and why it works?

vamnewbiexx

Reactions
I just put q3 controllers aside and suddenly I can use hand tracking. It wasn't the case for quest2 (2 weeks ago). Since when? I've read some thread here on forum that it's something about "leap motion" but no matter if it's enabled or disabled it always work when putting controllers aside.

How does this even work? I thought that hand tracking can be used only natively in quest standalone apps. We are just streaming image to oculus, right? Apparently not. I am so confused. Does it have to do something with runtime? I am using Virtual Desktop .bat file for this.

Also are there any gestures I can do for grab, click or something or it's just for moving?

Using Hand Tracking for PCVR was an improvement Meta incorporated into the Quest 3. It's not something that the developers of VaM did. You'll notice that your hands in VaM can't interact with menus, and can't grasp, or squeeze objects unless you're using the controllers. The individual finger control that the Quest 3's hand tracking allows doesn't come through.

I'd love to see someone make a VaM add-on that would improve the hand tracking inside the game: making gestures, controlling individual fingers, taking hold of objects and people in the game.

Yes, hand tracking in VaM is possible with Quest2 too. In fact at some point I was able to do basic finger gestures, not full finger tracking, but enough for grabbing things, that´s been the most immersive expience for me yet.
Unfortunately it´s not working anymore, I don´t know what happened, maybe some update broke it. You still have hand tracking though.

Back
Top Bottom