Answered Setup advice needed for car, driver, and passenger

iLikeSoup

Reactions
I've been toying around with a scene that has 2 people in the classic car (the one in VAM) driving around SuperVAM's Metropolis assetbundle. I have AcidBubble's Timeline plugin set to the car. Works pretty well...even have some different engine sounds to go with the acceleration.

After adding a Person atom and attaching them to the car, the scene starts to degrade due to the physics stuff, I assume. For example, the person in the car lags the position and jerks it's way along with the car. Add in a second Person atom and then the physics stuff gets worse, as expected.

I would like to read any recommendations on how to set up two people in a car that will be "driving" around town. In other words, the best way to link the three together and an optimal way to get smooth motion (physics are not needed in this scene). I also added some headlights (spots) and an audioSource for the radio which of course have to be linked with the other atoms as well.

Thank you for the reply. That's unfortunate, but thankfully unimportant. I thought it would make for a more immersive transitional scene, when the actors move to a different scene/location in a story I'm building.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom