Question Screenshots from Passenger view possible?

samsonn

Reactions
Hi,

I want to make screenshots from the Passenger plugin view. I use Supershot but thats not relevant.
Problem is that VAM doesnt register that Im in Passenger and will use my last known location, before I jumped into Passenger.

Any ideas?

I want this so I can have consitent screenshots from a first person view, without realigning the camera all the time. Different ideas also appreciated. Maybe link the camera to the head?

Cheers

SuperShot can do pictures from the current player view. These are instant, so there is no preview:
1681498827454.png

Problem is that it doesn't hide bodyparts of the character you possess, like Embody/Passenger does. So you might see parts of yourself, like your mouth from the inside ;)

Workarounds:
  • Maybe try one of those "Glassbody" plugins that make bodyparts transparent. Hide your head?
  • Parent the WindowCamera atom in front of your head. Then use the "Take Screenshot (Window Camera)" button to do screenshots from that perspective, potentially with slightly larger FOV (on the WindowCamera atom) to compensate.
All four buttons in SuperShot can also be accessed by trigger...so you can place an UIButton in your scene...or use Keybindings plugin...or some complex LogicBricks/Timeline/whatever setup to take screenshots.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your detailed answer but no, your circled button doesnt work when Im in Passenger plugin mode. It will still do a screenshot from the position where I was (or am) out of Passenger plugin. If you want to recreate, add Passenger to a person atom, switch to Passenger view and click on your button.

I think I have to go with your third option, parent windowCamera to the head. But I startet with that and I was searching for a different solution :-(

When Im here, thank you both for your input and for your plugins, they are essential for me!

Upvote 0
SuperShot can do pictures from the current player view. These are instant, so there is no preview:
View attachment 234779
Problem is that it doesn't hide bodyparts of the character you possess, like Embody/Passenger does. So you might see parts of yourself, like your mouth from the inside ;)

I RESTARTED AND IT WORKED????

You are right, I was wrong. I swear it didnt work before...
Im happy :)

Upvote 0
Wait now it doesnt work anymore wtf.

It might be because of ImprovedPOV Plugin. I will do some testing and update tomorrow

EIDT: Video Proof:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tried this with Embody yesterday. You need to disable "Exit On Menu Open" in Passenger settings, though. Note that this setting isn't saved with the scene for some reason, so you got to do it every time you reload the scene.
1681534207579.png

(Your video is not accessible due to age restriction non-sense. Recommended video hoster for embedding here on the Hub is https://www.redgifs.com/)

Upvote 0

dont have the time to do any VAM right now but at least here is the vid

Upvote 0
I just went with the camera parent link because I figured with Passenger, when the head moves in an animation, the Passenger camera moves as well, which isnt good for vids or screens.

Thanks for your input, I will probably visit this thread again to test out other solutions as well

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom