script to edit person location and rotation

epi.noah

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Hello everyone. I am remastering the highest rated scenes, and bringing them to a fantastic level visually.

But I need one script that automates one thing for me, otherwise it will take me years:

1. Select the person atom.
2. Move it to 0 0 0 coordinates with 0 0 0 rotation.
3. But at the same time, edit its animation/pose/motion...
so that it actually doesn't move at all. It stays in the same spot. But its coordinates are 000 000 now.

Is there a way to do this?

Last edited:
Wouldn't that cause all kinds of issues? Or are the scenes yours and you already know this would work?

I will be moving other things too. It won't be an automated process. I can make things work when I put in the time, I just don't want to spend years on it.

Here's an example:
1. I have a pole at 000 000. I cannot move it. Don't ask why, too long to explain.
2. My person atom has to be at 000 000 too. I cannot move that either.
3. The original scene that I'm trying to remaster has the dancer at -600 0 0 and 0 180 0. It aligns with the pole in that scene because the animation was captured that way.
If I move the dancer to 000, it won't align with the pole. I have to move it to 000 000 in such a way that the animation is also shifted. So that it would work with a pole at 000 000.

In the remastered scene save, I need the person to be at 000 000 for other things to work. Same for the pole. So the animation needs to be edited accordingly. This would really speed up the remastering process (make it work with all scenes). I need a way of making animations absolute during the relocation of the person atom, making them relative again at the end of it.

If that capture was imported to Timeline there's a offset option available:
Other than that, which may be useless for you, I have no idea in what way I could help. Hopefully someone else will see this thread.

If that capture was imported to Timeline there's a offset option available:
Other than that, which may be useless for you, I have no idea in what way I could help. Hopefully someone else will see this thread.
Hell yeah! Thanks.

Is there another magical tool that makes the person atom walk naturally to the animation starting pose?

there is a plugin that might help, it's Dynamic Positions in this pack

you have to add it on the atom and do 2 triggers on it, once to set the coords and the second to pick an action to do with those coords:
Cube > DynamicPosition > Value> 0,0,0
Cube > DynamicPosition > Operation> SetPos

will set the position to 0,0,0. there's set rotation too and increments to like add +0.5 on Y axis for example

before moving the controller you probably want to detatch it from the person first, if i understand what you're trying to do correctly, like:
Person > control > detachControl > true

after you do that the controller will move independent of the person and you can reposition it to 0,0,0 or wherever without actually moving the person. you can reattach it the same when done

Back
Top Bottom