"3rd person game controls for person atoms"

Jiraiya

Reactions
There are a lot of plugins now for making person atoms seem "real". They can breath, look around, walk, wobble, fall over, get up etc etc.
It would be cool to have a plugin that triggered actions from a gamepad letting you control a person in a scene as if playing GTA. The plugin would need to interact with multiple other free and paid plugins.
The ability to have 'recorded' actions triggered by buttons such as wave, sit down, lay down etc as well.
Recorded whole body animations such as dances could be triggered like "emotes" from fps games etc.
Any of the clever people making plugins up for the challenge?

I thought about this looking at the new metachat plugin. It would make moving your character around in desktop mode a lot simpler than trying to wave a hand with the mouse pointer! It's easier to get 2 machines running VaM if you only need one VR headset so making the flat experience more fun would help.

i'd love something like that too

i don't think there's any devs around that would take that challenge though, especially now at this late phase in the vam life cycle..
it's maybe hundreds of hours of work to get something somewhat decent and what you might get in return for it is not motivating enough to keep anyone focused. If you do it for free it's literally for pats on the back and headaches, someone would have to be crazy passionate to do it. If you do it for patreon, it's a gamble with a large project like that, you'll likely get no support until you deliver. And by the time you deliver vam1 might become obsolete anyway..

but yeah, myself i don't care about multiplayer but if vam had some basic framework for gameplay, say an Artifical Girl 3-ish feel to it, and this level of moddability, there would be a million mods/plugins right now and a crazy modding scene, maybe the craziest of any game around.

This is pretty close to what you are looking for, and you can add Timeline animations walk/idle etc

what about 1st person controls though?!

First person might make more sense for vam since it's better for performance and you don't have to worry about extra models imo. Some sick stuff could be made with this, vam might be the easiest 'game engine' to make sexy puzzle/walking sim/horror games & experiences, i'm surprised people ain't using it for things like that

Back
Top Bottom