Not A Bug Scene keeps rotating after move stick back at neutral position, with Valve Index controllers.

Borogravian

Reactions
As if detection of dead zone of stick is too sensitive, things I'm still rotating scene.

I imagine bug will be also in 2.x if not fixed.

Try your controllers in other games. Index controllers are known to start drifting after a while. Both of mine have been replaced due to this issue. Left one went first, followed by the right several months later.

maybe you can define a larger deadzone in the steamvr settings directly. but ...steam controller settings and vam are a bit tricky. as i got my index i found out the default settings are configured to activate rumble only if i touch the middle slider. thats anoying me. vam has no settings for that. and the steam config is a nightmare to configure. but i find a way to delete a partly config and the rumble problem was gone. at first. then i found out ...steam has to be runnung and logged in to account. only after that steamvr load´s and uses the modified config in vam. that´s a nogo for me. vam can run with steamvr WITHOUT steam loaded and logged in. and it do's. but when steam is not running vam uses it´s own config and not the one you redefined. you can config it in steamvr again. but it´s been ignored until steam is running online. then i found the vam standard steamvr config files Assets\VaMAssets\SteamVR_Bindings. if vam is running and steam is not online then this config are used. if steam is online and vam with steamvr is running then it uses the modified steamvr settings. but ...i found the changed steamvr settings file ...and what i do was copied it to the vam settings folder. and now my rumble problem was gone because steamvr uses the vam default (moded) config files. even if steam is not running. for me and the index vam uses the bindings_knuckles.json
and with a newer version of vam the settings are gone again. but simply copy your backuped moded config file again into vam and its done again.

At least your controllers are detected. VaM stopped detecting my controllers after the 1.21 update.

At least your controllers are detected. VaM stopped detecting my controllers after the 1.21 update.
Have you tried rolling back to version 1.20? If this really is consistently an issue in 1.21 and not 1.20, that would be very worth knowing.

Back
Top Bottom