Activating grab navigation on both controllers with position multiplier above 1.0 soft locks game.

zephyrStep

Reactions
With grab navigation position multiplier set to a value above 1.0, activating grab navigation on both controllers simultaneously seems to accelerate the player outside the game world. Once in this state, the screen is either pure black, or random artifacts of the scene strewn across the player's view. (I am using valve index controllers)

I have not found a way to revert from this state without restarting vam. Menu options do not render, additional button presses seemingly do nothing, and the scene contents cannot be found anywhere within view.

This also can occur when using a plugin like Acid Bubble's passenger. In this case, using either controller's grab functionality will enter the player into the state described above.

Occasionally, pressing both grab buttons will just send the player very far from the scene, but it can still be seen in the distance. In this case, menu buttons still work, and other scenes can still be loaded.

I realize that development is more or less halted for 1.0, but this bug had me scratching my head for awhile, so hopefully this helps anyone else who has encountered this.

Back
Top Bottom