Rocks and Plants 101 v1

Assets Rocks and Plants 101 v1

hazmhox

Featured Contributor
Reactions
hazmhox submitted a new resource:

Rocks and Plants 101 v1 - A set of custom particle systems and assets for rocks and plants.

A set of custom particle systems and assets for rocks and plants.

View attachment 17970

Inside the package you will find a two CUA (Custom unity asset), a script and a demo.
The CUA in the props subfolder are individual rocks. The CUA in the particles subfolder are grass particle systems.
They are all different variations of rocks and grass... no big secret their.

On the grass particle systems, you can add the script plant_editor to control the grass and edit their appearance...

Read more about this resource...

@Dragontales
Such a great way to create landscapes with tons of plants that don't kill FPS. Can I request a version with a few different trees?

This may be complex, I'll have to think about a similar way to create trees with a script. The way I implemented the grass system is based on GPU particles. It means that the object has to be a single object which is going to be instanciated through the GPU... this is the best way to get the best performances without using a complex shader based on post process.

I won't be back until a few weeks, I'll think about it in the mean time... maybe something may be possible with gameobject instancing. I can't promise anything right now, but I'll try to find a way.

@Dragontales

This may be complex, I'll have to think about a similar way to create trees with a script. The way I implemented the grass system is based on GPU particles. It means that the object has to be a single object which is going to be instanciated through the GPU... this is the best way to get the best performances without using a complex shader based on post process.

I won't be back until a few weeks, I'll think about it in the mean time... maybe something may be possible with gameobject instancing. I can't promise anything right now, but I'll try to find a way.
That would be awesome, but understand the potential for it not working. Thank you!

Any chance of the rocks getting updated to the vam shadow library so we don't have to use vamifier?

Back
Top Bottom