Question Question about UI Offset

ACC

Reactions
Hi there,

I know i can move the UI Offset from low to high. Is it possible to move it from left to right ?
Wish you all the best for 2023.
Desktop Screenshot 2023.01.06 - 14.18.10.97.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer atani.
It would be useful very often if i could move it from left to right, in that case :
.When i'm animating a character which is on the left of my screen, and i don't want to lose the position of the "camera" (my point of view).
Reducing the UI Scale is a solution, but not a good enough one, because the UI becomes too small to read it properly.

Upvote 0
Can you please show me what it is ? It is something i've never worked with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hm, I may be possible to make a plugin. Essentially you only got to find the correct Unity GameObject, that would be the same as the existing UIOffset is applied to and apply your own offset. Don't think anyone did that, though.

and i don't want to lose the position of the "camera" (my point of view).
I don't get why that is a problem, though? When animating in Desktop mode (meaning on a 2D screen) you definitely need to see the characters from various directions anyway, just to make sure everything is aligned nicely. But anyway, maybe you can work around it by using AcidBubbles "SpawnPoint" plugin, potentially even with "Keybindings" from the same creator. Essentially that would allow you to setup a number of camera positions by using Empty atoms with the SpawnPoint plugin on them. Then you quickly jump between them with whatever hotkey you setup for them (numpad maybe?) via Keybindings plugin.
Alternatively, just abusing WindowCamera might work, too.

Upvote 0
Yes Mac i'm turning around all the characters for preparing the animation. When it's done i try to find the correct spot to "filming". When i found it, i don't want to move again. Sometimes my spot is found before the working on Timeline.
I'm using VaM for recording videos of animations, and i'm recording them with GeForce (alt+a) - same as OBS.
I dont use WindowCam much, except when i want camera moves, like a "travelling". By the way WindowCam is very greedy for my machine, like 4 persons + WindowCam = 0-10 fps.

I will try those AcidBubbles plugins and thanks to atani too, i didn't know this one.

At last if i could give rise to a new Mac's plugin, that would be my day :)

Thank you both.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom