• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Progress bar UI

FRKuro

Reactions
Hello there everyone i wonder if there is a plugins or a way to make event progress bar for my scenes ?

Something like it can't be activate while the progress bar is not full or an event that activate when the bar is full

A progress bar would have to be specific per scene as they can be made in countless ways, or not follow a specific pathway, or have no ending at all.

A progress bar would have to be specific per scene as they can be made in countless ways, or not follow a specific pathway, or have no ending at all.
Can't do something like for exemple a cum progress bar ? or something like that ?

It all depends on what's being used in the scene.
I've seen some scenes with a "arousal progress", but the setup involved is dependent on the scene's make-up.
VAMMoan has arousal levels, but I don't know if what the plugins defines as arousal is available as data to some other atom or plugin. And of course, this is if the scene in question uses VAMMoan, could use something else or nothing similar.

It all depends on what's being used in the scene.
I've seen some scenes with a "arousal progress", but the setup involved is dependent on the scene's make-up.
VAMMoan has arousal levels, but I don't know if what the plugins defines as arousal is available as data to some other atom or plugin. And of course, this is if the scene in question uses VAMMoan, could use something else or nothing similar.
All i'm asking it's if we can make a UI progress bar

Sure, you can make a UI progress bar of some kind. I'm saying that the issue is that "progress" is scene specific in a conceptual and tooling sense.
What are the data values to use in that progress bar? Maybe you can set some data points in some similarly made scenes, but chances are other scenes will be very different and need different data sets, if at all reasonable.

Sure, you can make a UI progress bar of some kind. I'm saying that the issue is that "progress" is scene specific in a conceptual and tooling sense.
What are the data values to use in that progress bar? Maybe you can set some data points in some similarly made scenes, but chances are other scenes will be very different and need different data sets, if at all reasonable.
It will be really difficult to explain i know what to put in but i just don't know how to make the progress bar itself xD sorry for the lack of information

JayJaywWon's VUML can add Timers, Float Variables and math functions which could be set by in-scene triggers. You could probably use the value to effect a ui slider, or maybe the x scale of a shape. Like SPQR said, don't ask me how. I got the plugin originally to do one specific thing and never looked further into what it could do. Vam is... distracting.

It gonna be a lot to learn but i'm happy to know that i can technically can thanks you all !

Hello can u tell me how to show your timer on a UISlide ? Btw i'm totally in love with your plugins the possibility are nearly infinite
Sure, here you go, see attached scene.

There is a Loop brick, which is better suited than a Timer in this case. It triggers a Counter brick 50 times every 0.2 sec, so it takes 10 seconds in total. The Counter brick in turn updates the UISlider whenever it changes. To trigger it all there is a button which first resets the Counter and then triggers the Loop.

Attachments

• 1689781541.json
    12 KB · Views: 0
Sure, here you go, see attached scene.

There is a Loop brick, which is better suited than a Timer in this case. It triggers a Counter brick 50 times every 0.2 sec, so it takes 10 seconds in total. The Counter brick in turn updates the UISlider whenever it changes. To trigger it all there is a button which first resets the Counter and then triggers the Loop.
Okay i saw it, that is very clean but can i activate something when the bar is full ?

and another request, can you tell me if it's possible to do this ?

a progress bar that go up, but when the character look at us, or another atom it goes down.

Last edited:
but can i activate something when the bar is full ?
Sure, the Counter brick got a trigger you can hook to.

a progress bar that go up, but when the character look at us, or another atom it goes down.
If you have something that decides whether the character looks at the player/something (LogicBricks doesn't have anything for that), you could use a SelectChoice brick to flip the direction of the counter. Something like this: Timer -> SelectChoice -> Counter

1689792134029.png

Attachments

• 1689792046.json
    19.2 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom