Problem with missing textures

VirtualDude

Reactions
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I tried to look for old threads, but didn't really find an answer to my problem.

I noticed this issue with this scene: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/throne-room-and-poses.1920/
I get these errors:
!> Error during texture load: Path Custom/Atom/TechnoThrone/Textures/StoneDarkGrey.jpg is not valid
!> Error during texture load: Path Custom/Atom/TechnoThrone/Textures/StoneDarkGreyBump.jpg is not valid

I took a look and that destination is indeed empty. I also noticed that while I have many folders under Custom/Atom , they are almost all completely empty with maybe some empty folders like "textures", but lacking any actual files.

I assume that most of them should have something so I wonder why don't they and how can I fix this issue, even with only this one scene? How do I get the needed textures? Deleting and redownloading the same scene didn't help. I also checked that those jpg files don't exist anywhere in the whole VAM folder.

I moved the whole VAM folder to a different drive a couple of months ago, maybe some files were somehow deleted during that, but I'm 99% sure that I had the same issue with this scene before that.

Help would be much appreciated, thanks! :)

I downloaded the VAR and checked the scene's JSON. The path for the textures is not correct, should have been Damarmau.Throne_Room.1:/Custom/Atom/TechnoThrone/Textures/StoneDarkGrey.jpg.

Pinging @Damarmau about it to repackage the resource.

Thanks for your help :)

So I can't really fix these sort of problems myself? Apart from inserting my own textures to those incorrect folders

You can if you want. Here's how you can do it:
  • Open Damarmau's VAR with your zip program (winrar, 7zip, whatever)
  • Go to Saves/Scene and open or extract the json file with Notepad or equivalent
  • Search for the textures path that will be something like "Custom/Atom/TechnoThrone/..." and update it with "SELF:/Custom/Atom/TechnoThrone/..."
  • Save the changes in the file and update the VAR
The SELF:/ essentially says VaM to look inside the VAR it's currently reading, but you can also have it instead as Damarmau.Throne_Room.1:/Custom/....

If you'd like to learn more about what VARs are:

Try the updated version, should hopefully fix the texture issue. Not sure why links didn't point to the textures included in the var but that var was from so long ago anything is possible.

Back
Top Bottom