Question Possible to fix nodes to their joints? And tips for hand posing?

D

Deleted member 66183

2 weeks desktop user here.
While I had my problems in the beginning, thanks to this great community and their plugins and forums Im very happy with my progress and am able to get the things I want to work pretty quick now.

But I can also spend 30mins+ to get the hand on the dick or just on the table or ass whatever because
1. sometimes rotating just doenst seems to work right for me. I try every axys several times, try the arm, the elbow, it just wont go in the direction i want… any tips on hand posing? Like always having elbow on parent link or whatever?

2. sometimes nodes are so far away from the actual joint, it frustrates me especially when I have walls constantly clipping into my FOV in a room. Or is this a beginners mistake of trying to force poses and pulling nodes to far?
I wish the nodes would jump back to the joint after I relocated. I only found the option for the root node of the person to manually fix it…

bonus question: any must have plugins to help with clothing clipping and physics?Sometimes I have to micromanage very long time to get clothing right in different situations.

cheers for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep it simple, that's the best course of action when messing with joints:

Normally you don't want the nodes to be too far from the joints, this will cause all sorts of issues. Mostly sticking to key joints will help you keep a good pose, then add others if the key joints weren't enough.
Hands are particularly difficult, and I have little experience, so no tips on that.

Joint control options:

Upvote 0
Try this out.
2 weeks desktop user here.
While I had my problems in the beginning, thanks to this great community and their plugins and forums Im very happy with my progress and am able to get the things I want to work pretty quick now.

But I can also spend 30mins+ to get the hand on the dick or just on the table or ass whatever because
1. sometimes rotating just doenst seems to work right for me. I try every axys several times, try the arm, the elbow, it just wont go in the direction i want… any tips on hand posing? Like always having elbow on parent link or whatever?

2. sometimes nodes are so far away from the actual joint, it frustrates me especially when I have walls constantly clipping into my FOV in a room. Or is this a beginners mistake of trying to force poses and pulling nodes to far?
I wish the nodes would jump back to the joint after I relocated. I only found the option for the root node of the person to manually fix it…

bonus question: any must have plugins to help with clothing clipping and physics?Sometimes I have to micromanage very long time to get clothing right in different situations.

cheers for reading!

Try this one, good for fingers.
Plugins - [Experimental] Tongue and Finger Controllers | Virt-A-Mate Hub (virtamate.com)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom