Answered possible to disable nodes from being selected?

SleepyV

Reactions
I have been looking for a method to do this to prevent accidental atom movements when animating for an extended period of time.

Is there a tool or work around for this in VAM?

On the main atom Control tab, at the far right, there are check boxes for this. Uncheck them. They're on by default.

Upvote 0
There are several options, I usually use a combination of them:
  1. There is the "Allow Possess/Grab” in the control tab (that's what @SlimerJSpud meant). As the name says, this prevents grabing the atom to move it.
  2. There is the "Hidden" setting at the top of the control tab. This prevents you form seeing/selecting the atom, unless you have "Show Hidden" enabled in the Select menu (press "H" to toggle).
  3. When in Desktop mode, you can use my PowerHandles plugin (part of Essentials). This has you hold LeftCTRL to move and LeftALT to rotate, which prevents accidental movement quite well. Also switching to global orientation and grid snap are super useful. Not to mention making the green box icons smaller helps a lot if you have lots of things in a tight space.

Upvote 0
Didn't know about PowerHandles. That's clever. The problem I have is when I want to move one atom, but I have the wrong one selected. Lack of undo is very frustrating at times.

Upvote 0
Didn't know about PowerHandles. That's clever. The problem I have is when I want to move one atom, but I have the wrong one selected. Lack of undo is very frustrating at times.

Check this out!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom