Question Possesed Mouse Zoom & Pan

sfw50

Reactions
How do I set up "Head Possessing" "Head Control" "Allow Mouse to Pan & Zoom". I'm new to VAM. I saw these feature on a published saved scene. 😊

Noob here too. But I figured this out :)

Use the Embody Plugin from Accid Bubbles. It's pretty much standard.
Here is explained how you can add it to the Person Atom you want to posses.
Take your time to read and set it up. It's worth it and not complicated.

Use TAB to look around freely (unless you lock the rotation).
I always configure a hotkey to toggle and set the clip distance to 0.10 because sometimes in desktop mode while possesing UIButton floating in 3D space are not clickable for me.

If you read about 'Passenger' and/or 'Improved PoV' - those are older Plugins.

[x] Select Hide Geometry
->[x] Hide face (skin, eyes, eyelashes)
->[x] Hide hair
->[x] Hide clothing (improved eyes)

[x] Select Offset Camera
-> Clip distance 0.10

[x] Select Passenger
->[x] Lock Camera Position

Other Settings ...
Toggle Key = F4

Upvote 0
Thanks Sally. It took me awhile. But I now I got it.

Do you know how to make an Atom walk in an animation? That is my next project.

Upvote 0
I do not know much about animation yet, so keep in mind some of this could be wrong:

As far a as I know there are 3 different ways to animate:
  • by using the [Animation] tab on an Atom and 'Person Built-In Animations', here you can build a sequence from example animations that come with VAM by default, this is the easiest and includes catwalk animations, you could create a 'fashion show' from these, while testing this in the default scene I had to reset the characters pose ([Pose Presets] > Load Defaults) for the animation to play, no clue why)
  • by using the [Scene Animation] tab, mostly used for motion captured things, like a dance
  • by using the [Timeline] Plugin by Accid Bubbles, the expert level, animation by hand where you use keyframes, complex but very powerful

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom