• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Pose L-R Swap

Plugins Pose L-R Swap 5

ky1001

Featured Contributor
Reactions
ky1001 submitted a new resource:

Pose L-R Swap - Swap the left and right of the pose.

I wanted to swap the left and right of the existing pose while creating the scene, but I could not find it in the function of VaM, so I decided to make it myself.

How to use:
Please load this Plugin into Person and press the "L-R Swap" button.

note:
Some Pose may not work. In that case, "Undo" and rotate the Atom control left and right around the Y axis, check "World Coordinate" and have it executed again, or fine-tune the strange Control.

View attachment 86360

Read more about this resource...

Interesting plugin. How hard would it be to make a mirror pose instead of swapping sides (e. g. move left limb to the left, click a button, and opposite side would move to the right, with rotation axis being the control atom)? That would be very useful I think, if you want perfect symmetry in your scene.

+1 @babul 's suggestion.

Another suggestion: an option to "symmetrize" the pose. This would mean that the middle of the feet would be the center and all limbs would get the same distance from the center. This would be very useful to "fix" a pose which you did by hand ,but is not perfectly symmetrical. I wrote this in python, I can upload this to github and maybe you can take a look at it and convert it to your tool?

Interesting plugin. How hard would it be to make a mirror pose instead of swapping sides (e. g. move left limb to the left, click a button, and opposite side would move to the right, with rotation axis being the control atom)? That would be very useful I think, if you want perfect symmetry in your scene.
I'm sorry. I'm not good at English, so I read using Google Translate, but it seems that I misunderstood the meaning. Do you want a mirroring function? I will attach a cs file so can you check it?
If this is all right, make it a var and publish it.

Attachments

• SimpleMirroring.cs
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
+1 @babul 's suggestion.

Another suggestion: an option to "symmetrize" the pose. This would mean that the middle of the feet would be the center and all limbs would get the same distance from the center. This would be very useful to "fix" a pose which you did by hand ,but is not perfectly symmetrical. I wrote this in python, I can upload this to github and maybe you can take a look at it and convert it to your tool?
Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I haven't used Python, so I don't think it can be modified even if you upload it to github.
Do you want the ability to mirror? The cs file was attached to # 5, so can you check it?

I'm sorry. I'm not good at English, so I read using Google Translate, but it seems that I misunderstood the meaning. Do you want a mirroring function? I will attach a cs file so can you check it?
Yes, something like this. I tested it, and it works very nicely! It only says "foot", but I noticed it will copy knee and thigh position as well - which is perfect and what I imagined. Looks like it's rotating against person atom position, which is also great - if you want custom rotation, you can detach person root, rotate it, re-enable it, and re-apply settings, but that wouldn't even be needed in most cases at all. Great job.

Yes, something like this. I tested it, and it works very nicely! It only says "foot", but I noticed it will copy knee and thigh position as well - which is perfect and what I imagined. Looks like it's rotating against person atom position, which is also great - if you want custom rotation, you can detach person root, rotate it, re-enable it, and re-apply settings, but that wouldn't even be needed in most cases at all. Great job.
Thank you for your confirmation. I will start preparing to publish the var file. Do you think the file name remains "SimpleMirroring" and is easy to understand?

Thank you for your confirmation. I will start preparing to publish the var file. Do you think the file name remains "SimpleMirroring" and is easy to understand?
Yeah, that's simple enough, or you can go with "Pose L-R Mirror" to keep it consistent with your existing plugin. Looking forward to this; I imagine it will be quite useful!

Yeah, that's simple enough, or you can go with "Pose L-R Mirror" to keep it consistent with your existing plugin. Looking forward to this; I imagine it will be quite useful!
I think it's a good idea to match the file names. Thank you. Since "Pose" was not attached to "L-R_Swap.var", I removed "Pose" this time and uploaded it as "L-R_MIrror.var".

Really nice and useful plugin. Thank you.

May I selfishly suggest, if it's even possible, that it be UI triggerable.

If this functionality is part of it now, please forgive. I attempted to use a UIbutton to trigger it and all I saw in the plugin's drop down menu was the 'enable' function which only turns the plugin on/off.

Really nice and useful plugin. Thank you.

May I selfishly suggest, if it's even possible, that it be UI triggerable.

If this functionality is part of it now, please forgive. I attempted to use a UIbutton to trigger it and all I saw in the plugin's drop down menu was the 'enable' function which only turns the plugin on/off.
I've already created a version that can work with triggers like UIButton, but I didn't publish it because I didn't know if it was in demand by others. I will update it if there is a request.

Back
Top Bottom