Portals 2

Damarmau

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Damarmau submitted a new resource:

Portals 2 - Pre lit environment scene

Make sure to join discord to for some discord only releases.

Random Environment scene that came together rather quickly this afternoon. I'll probably add some variations and updates to it later.
You might want to adjust bloom (found on the AutoFocusPoint atom) and lights as needed. You can get some interesting shots by really cranking up the bloom.

There are 7 lights in this scene, performance was not one of the goals, you've...

Read more about this resource...

In theory it should be possible if I'm understanding how the plugin works but there isn't much outside the 4 portals to teleport to unless you just want to go in one and maybe come out one of the others?

In theory it should be possible if I'm understanding how the plugin works but there isn't much outside the 4 portals to teleport to unless you just want to go in one and maybe come out one of the others?
This might be a cool collaboration opportunity with @virtamater

When I did my First set of Sky boxes... I made a bunch of CuA presets that were triggered by a sphere with a collision collider on it.. You grabbed a sphere and it switched the box to the appropriate CuA with the Skybox corresponding to the texture on that sphere. There were some issues with the Female atom I originally had in the scene, so I scrapped that idea and did the one that had the different colored square tiles. After that I tired using the portals in the images with the Jet Trail kind of looking asset by Farger.. With that set up, I tried to use the subscene loader to enter a different environment. (different skybox and one of my temples) I really didn't understand how that worked until a few days ago and at the time, I didn't have my subscenes set up in a way usable with that plug in. I ran into problems with that set up as I had 8 of those jet trails linked to a different subscene. I didn't know how to get each one to trigger it's own subscene. It's workable tho to have a trigger near the portal... walk into it and trigger a Cut to black scene similar to how Vihper hid his transitions, or a trippy effects CuA that runs while the scene you're entering loads in.. This seems to be How C&G Studio used the assets to warp from place to place in the MysteryBox9 Space lust... which is also awesome btw.. ;) That would work with 1 i think.

I was trying to be able to walk into any of the 8 and send you somewhere random. I'm still not sure how you would do that :) I also had an area in the middle that was supposed to be in all the possible places you'd "warp" in as a way to get back to the original space to walk into a different portal.. This scene gave me a lot of trouble trying to sort out all that...

I too would also like to try more stuff like this.. It will help me in the project I'm working on.. I'll be able to do more stuff like that in the coming weeks after new computers set up tho. I never used the transporter plug in yet tho.. I'll give that a go to see what you can do with it too :)

Attachments

• 1698543432.jpg
    1698543432.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 1698543485.jpg
    1698543485.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1698543522.jpg
    1698543522.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1698543552.jpg
    1698543552.jpg
  • 1698543574.jpg
    1698543574.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1698543581.jpg
    1698543581.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1699467402.jpg
    1699467402.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1699467431.jpg
    1699467431.jpg
  • 1699467436.jpg
    1699467436.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1699650523.jpg
    1699650523.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1699650541.jpg
    1699650541.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
When I did my First set of Sky boxes... I made a bunch of CuA presets that were triggered by a sphere with a collision collider on it.. You grabbed a sphere and it switched the box to the appropriate CuA with the Skybox corresponding to the texture on that sphere. There were some issues with the Female atom I originally had in the scene, so I scrapped that idea and did the one that had the different colored square tiles. After that I tired using the portals in the images with the Jet Trail kind of looking asset by Farger.. With that set up, I tried to use the subscene loader to enter a different environment. (different skybox and one of my temples) I really didn't understand how that worked until a few days ago and at the time, I didn't have my subscenes set up in a way usable with that plug in. I ran into problems with that set up as I had 8 of those jet trails linked to a different subscene. I didn't know how to get each one to trigger it's own subscene. It's workable tho to have a trigger near the portal... walk into it and trigger a Cut to black scene similar to how Vihper hid his transitions, or a trippy effects CuA that runs while the scene you're entering loads in.. This seems to be How C&G Studio used the assets to warp from place to place in the MysteryBox9 Space lust... which is also awesome btw.. ;) That would work with 1 i think.

I was trying to be able to walk into any of the 8 and send you somewhere random. I'm still not sure how you would do that :) I also had an area in the middle that was supposed to be in all the possible places you'd "warp" in as a way to get back to the original space to walk into a different portal.. This scene gave me a lot of trouble trying to sort out all that...

I too would also like to try more stuff like this.. It will help me in the project I'm working on.. I'll be able to do more stuff like that in the coming weeks after new computers set up tho. I never used the transporter plug in yet tho.. I'll give that a go to see what you can do with it too :)

It might be more stuff to load initially but rather than trigger loads you could possibly have all the atoms already in the scene and just use certain triggers to turn certain assets on and off as needed.

Back
Top Bottom