Play and audio mp3 playlist

Ballard

Reactions
What is the easiest way to play a list of MP3s in a scene? I can of course load them in scene audio and play them with a trigger off an audiosorce but I have only been aple to get one mp3 to play in a loop. Is there a plugin or am I missing something?

You can queue up a number of audio files. However, right now you can't detect when the queue is finished and you would need to queue your list again. For that you would need a little plugin that issues a trigger signal when the AudioSource stopped playing anything. I'm working on audio stuff for LogicBricks anyway right now, which is supposed to replace the DriverThurstSFX module of the Life plugin. I should be able to add a LogicBrick for your purpose. No guarantees, though, my time is rather limited.

Thanks man! I looked at that but from the description I was under the impression it was more for triggering random sounds (like sex sounds) within a scene with collision triggers and not necessarily as a jukebox plugin. But maybe I should have looked closer. I have a fun club dancing scene I am working on with BVH animations. But I want a random song from a playlist to play evertime I launch the scene. It gets boring having the same song load everytime I launch the scene. Maybe this will do the trick.

You can queue up a number of audio files. However, right now you can't detect when the queue is finished and you would need to queue your list again. For that you would need a little plugin that issues a trigger signal when the AudioSource stopped playing anything. (...) I should be able to add a LogicBrick for your purpose. (...)
That plugin is now released as part of the new LogicBricks v5 release: It's called "EventAudioQueueEmpty".

That plugin is now released as part of the new LogicBricks v5 release: It's called "EventAudioQueueEmpty".
I know it has been a few months since you posted this but I finally got around to trying your solution. EventAudioQueueEmpty is fantastic as is all of logic bricks. I am just now realizing how powerful state machine is. Thanks for the great work!

Back
Top Bottom