Pirate Cove

Assets Pirate Cove

Farger

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Farger submitted a new resource:

Pirate Cove - not all treasure is silver and gold, mate

Ahoy. Saiko the SkullCracker guards the pirate cove. She looks small in size, but be wary mate. She has a short temper and a long sword.

This package includes two versions of a pirate cove. The version in the demo scene is sea port 2 stormy waters. This version includes particle effects, sound and lighting. The ocean waves include a shader that is visible via a directional light, as illustrated in the demo scene. The asset labelled "pirate cove clean" does not include baked lighting...

Read more about this resource...

@Neith asked a question about just sharing the ocean effects. I am happy to do this, but I am worried about some of my practices when I work in Unity. Sometimes I rush changes and I manipulate materials in order to make new effects versus making a new material to start the new project. In simple terms, this could sometimes make recreating these effects exactly as in this scene somewhat challenging at times. I will go back and look what I can do and post in an update. BTW, there is already a calm ocean effect in Version 9 of Farger's Particle Pack Vol. 2.

@Neith asked a question about just sharing the ocean effects. I am happy to do this, but I am worried about some of my practices when I work in Unity. Sometimes I rush changes and I manipulate materials in order to make new effects versus making a new material to start the new project. In simple terms, this could sometimes make recreating these effects exactly as in this scene somewhat challenging at times. I will go back and look what I can do and post in an update. BTW, there is already a calm ocean effect in Version 9 of Farger's Particle Pack Vol. 2.
Im glad to report that I do have an ocean only version of stormy waters as is included in this pirate cove resource. I will post that and other wave options in a future update.

Farger updated Pirate Cove with a new update entry:

Landlubber Expansion Pack

This update adds the following:
- Ten assets can be individually loaded for customized scenes
-- Crates, barrels, bottles, boats, canopies, planks and more
- Three ocean effects added as individual assets (these effects work best with directional lighting)
-- "Ocean_shallow_2" is a replica of the ocean effect in the demo scene
--- I suggest scaling this CUA in size to 2 or 3 times the normal size, this will lower the ocean floor and the bubble effects
-- "Ocean_shallow_1" is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

New tropical ocean effect

- This update adds:
-- A tropical ocean effect, the CUA is labelled "ocean_waves_5."
-- An updated version of the original Pirate Cove ocean effect that removes the bubble effect, labelled "ocean_waves_3."
-- A new demo scene for the tropical waves effect that includes sound effects
-- As a reminder, for these waves to be visible, a directional light with cast shadows turned on is required
View attachment 266798

Added second night variant for pirate cove, also added 3 new ocean effect variations.

This update of Pirate Cove makes the following changes:
- Added a tropical wave variant that removes the sea bottom rocks (ocean_waves_5a)
- Added a new light blue hue tropical ocean effect (ocean_waves_6)
- Added a new colorless and foamless ocean effect (ocean_waves_7)
-- This new colorless ocean effect is more amendable to color changes caused by the color of directional lights
-- See Tropical Demo 2 for a way to manipulate the light on the ocean effect
- Added an alternative night...

Lost Atoll - pirate vacation hot spot with pleasant sand beach

This update adds an island atoll as well as 19 new vacation assets for pirates.
-- Four beach chairs
-- Two beach umbrellas
-- Two palm tree variants
-- Three surfboards
-- And many other recreational assets for serious pirates vacationing on the beach
View attachment 274440View attachment 274443View attachment 274445View attachment 274447View attachment 274448

Also added new demo scene: "lost atoll."

could you add collision on the foldable chairs and the table? in the atoll?
I can make those updates. I am not sure the updated VAR will be able to fit on the Hub: it has to be under 500mb. If it doesnt fit I will make a separate patch kit.

Added missing colliders for chair and table assets

Please read as this update may not be of interest to everyone, this update makes the following changes:
- Adds missing colliders for some of the chair and table assets (beach chairs, foldable chairs, lifeguard station and picnic table. Thanks to @cyberdelique for pointing out the missing colliders to me. The new versions of these assets are highlighted by "with colliders" in the CUA name.
- To fit these updates into the max file size for a VAR on the Hub (500mb), I...

Hello

I do have a little quetion to that amazing asset.

I loaded some ocean waves.
Then i got stoneground and no water.

1712479063272.png

When i then zoom out i can see the water around the sphere with the stoneground
1712479183685.png

Did i do something wrong here, or what is this stoneground sphere for?

Just would like to have the oceanwaves

Hello

I do have a little quetion to that amazing asset.

I loaded some ocean waves.
Then i got stoneground and no water.

View attachment 353310

When i then zoom out i can see the water around the sphere with the stoneground
View attachment 353312

Did i do something wrong here, or what is this stoneground sphere for?

Just would like to have the oceanwaves
The shader used to make these waves requires a directional light with cast shadows turned on. This is mentioned in the third paragraph of the overview. One option has a stone island, but there are many others without that.

Hi Farger

Could solve the problem.
There was a tonemap in the scene i didnt see and caused that problem.
Afer removing it, it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom