Question Outsourcing assets?

Okachu

Reactions
I have no idea how vam loading works.

It is possible to load the assets from another drive?

VARs go in the AddonPackages folder. If you want to do some hard links to have the AddonPackages folder in a different drive than VaM, I guess that might work too.

Upvote 0
I thought I can save space with seperating the asset vars from the looks, clothing and everything.
Maybe it could improve the loading times aswell, if the map assets only loading if needed?

But makes this sense and it is possible?

Upvote 0
I edit VARs a lot, especially removing things in them that I don't want and in that way save space. However, any alteration to the original VARs will bring its own problems. For example, you remove something in X VAR that Y scene needs, then even though you have the X dependency VAR, the Y scene will give errors if what you removed was needed for the scene.

If your only goal is to save space, looks tend to be the ones that take most space compared to the other resources and you probably have many. Maybe get rid of some you don't want.

Upvote 0
I edit VARs a lot, especially removing things in them that I don't want and in that way save space. However, any alteration to the original VARs will bring its own problems. For example, you remove something in X VAR that Y scene needs, then even though you have the X dependency VAR, the Y scene will give errors if what you removed was needed for the scene.

If your only goal is to save space, looks tend to be the ones that take most space compared to the other resources and you probably have many. Maybe get rid of some you don't want.
Ah I forgot about the dependencies.

Yeah I think I put the standalone assets I'm not using to another drive and copy them from there if needed.

I have put too many assets at once in the folder and my loading times went crazy. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom