Question Organizing plugins/scenes/etc..

Denden

Reactions
When I want to add a plugin to my scene I noticed the number of plugins and therefor the overview quickly get out of hand. How do you solve that? Can I simply move files around in folders within AddonPackages or will that mess up installed scenes?

You can, but that won't be reflected inside VaM unless you use the "filtered view" or whatever is called on the left sidebar.
You can make favourites of packages and filter for those, or you can use a plugin like pluginassist by JayJayWon to organise plugins.

My way of doing things is a little different. I use a plugin called UIAssist, also by JayJayWon, where I set a few buttons that add specific plugins that I frequently use.
For less often used plugins, I have my plugins in a plugins folder in Addonpackages, and whenever I need one that is not in the UIAssist HUD I use the filtered view, go to that plugins folder, and search for the one I want.

Upvote 0
I had this same question but about scenes. Can I create subfolders for them ? I have so many on my main page now it's a hassle to scroll through them all. Probably half I don't even use.

Upvote 0
I had this same question but about scenes. Can I create subfolders for them ? I have so many on my main page now it's a hassle to scroll through them all. Probably half I don't even use.
The same answer applies to anything inside the AddonsPackages folder, whether they are plugins, scenes, looks, anything.

Upvote 0
Can I create subfolders for them ? I have so many on my main page now it's a hassle to scroll through them all. Probably half I don't even use.
Yes, you can put your scenes inside folders (var links to AddonPackages are gonna remain the same).

But just make sure it's not .vac type scene with some textures/morphs/assets next to it...
if you move that scene it could 'potentially' break paths for that loose content.

I have my scenes split into folders (about 100-150 per folder) for 'faster' thumbnail loading/less scrolling.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom