Open downloaded Scene

MrX

Reactions
Ive just downloaded a Wrestling Ring scene.
I put the folder in Addon Packages folder but can only see a blank folder within the game. Maybe im clicking on the wrong button
Any help ?

Can you provide a link? It's hard to say how a package should be accessed when we can't see what you downloaded.

For starters, though, all var files, and ONLY var files, go in addonPackages. If the download was a folder, it likely goes somewhere else.

Many packages will have a "custom" or "saves" folder. Those folders should be copied right into your VaM root directory.

Save the assetBundle file in custom/assets.

Go to add atom>misc>customUnityAsset.

Once the customUnityAsset atom is loaded, select it and the menu will prompt you to load the file.

If you ever download any *.scene files, they work just the same.

Ok ive done that. But where do i go to open it? I cant find it anywhere

Last edited:
OK, let me be more clear.

The wrestling ring file you downloaded is not a scene, and cannot be opened as a scene. It's an asset that you can add to a scene by loading it into a "customUnityAsset" (CUA for short) atom.

You have already put the assetBundle file in custom/assets.

Now load the scene you want the wrestling ring to appear in. Or create a new scene.

Now click the toolbar button that looks like a cube outline (top row, third from the right.)

This opens up add atom>misc>custom unity asset.
1616433149965.png
Check the 'select atom on add" box so that once added, the CUA menu will appear. Now click "add atom.

This adds the CUA, and opens its menu.
1616433225068.png

Click "select file" which opens up a file browser in custom/assets. Here you'll find the assetBundle file you saved earlier. Load that file.

Once it's finished loading (it may take a few seconds), you need to select which asset from the file you want to use. Down below, where it says "asset" there's a button that says "none". Click that to bring up a dropdown menu of all the assets in the file. Pick one.

Once that has loaded, your wrestling ring will be visible in the scene.

Last edited:
You Diamond . Thanks for taking the trouble .
It works !!
Unreal isnt it? I can build a PC but struggle with things like this.
Thanks a lot DJ

Back
Top Bottom