Managing Downloaded Assets?

Hasno

Reactions
Hello,

So I'm about a week into VAM, been having a blast learning a ton thanks to everyone here.

One thing that I think I'm doing wrong is that everytime I download a scene, appearance or animation, I seem to have to go to the Package Manager, unpack it, then go to the scene to manually save the appearance, animation, etc.

Is this the standard procedure? Or is there a check box that I missed somewhere that would automatically put the looks into a default folder, animations into another one, etc?

It's not necessary to do that. If you get a 'demo' scene with a character just standing there, all you have to do is select it, then save an appearance preset, if the scene doesn't come with one already. You can save clothing presets, plugin presets, etc. to integrate things into other scenes. The tool organizes them for you (Custom/Atom/Person/...). In general, you should not have to unpack any var. There are always cases where it is desirable, but in general, no.

Ah, but if there was a nice Looks/Appearance preset that I grab from the hub, I would still have to load the scene first to manually save that Look, rather than being able to load it directly into another scene?

It's like, with the hair styles, I can download them from the hub and then they just show up in my "Hair" tab without needing any work. Wasn't sure if there was something like that for Morphs

An appearance preset includes hair, clothes, morphs and skin. There are also simple hair, clothing, skin and morph presets. Some demo scenes for characters do include appearance presets that can be loaded directly. Most of my characters have this.

I think perhaps part of the confusion is that when you go to load a preset, Vam by default, looks in your local Custom/Atom/Person folder. You have to switch to looking in AddonPackages Filtered (or flattened), in order to load a preset directly from a package. Maybe that's why you think you need to unpack them. You really don't. Not all hair or clothing assets come with a preset, they just show up in the Hair and Clothing tabs.

Back
Top Bottom