Managing Multiple Animations

TripleR

Reactions
Hey everyone!

I'm just starting out in VaM and I've been working at learning all that it has to offer. I've been playing around with the timeline plugin and noticed that you can create several animations. I've also been messing around with MacGruber's statemachine and sequencer.

My question is, what is the best way to structure animations for a story? I want to play an animation from my timeline, allow it to finish and then give the user buttons to select what comes next, then play the selected animation.

I understand buttons and triggers. I also understand the animation portion of it. I just don't know how to link my animations together in a scene.

I was trying to use a statemachine but the end of the state always triggers before the end of the animation because it seems like the longest a state can be is 10 seconds. I want the animation to finish before the user has the option to move to the next stage of the story but if I show the buttons at the end of the state then they appear too early.

Also, I'm not understanding how to only play the animation only once in statemachine if that is correct way to order animations. Intuitively, I thought that a trigger for Person->Pugin.Timeline->AnimationPlaySingleAndStop would allow me to select an animation but the dropdown is always blank

Okay, sorry about that! I figured it out myself. I somehow missed that you could add time to the state's maximum time. Things are moving along now :) If anyone still wants to share tips on scene creation then feel free to still hand them out. This game is incredibly fun but equally as complex.

Back
Top Bottom