Oculus L/R lens crossed for scene (but not for UI), fractals in display

junkyxm

Reactions
Patreon
Junkyxm
I have two separate issues for my Oculus Quest 2:
  1. I have a var scene file where it appears as if the L/R lens is crossed, or is interpreting the headset incorrectly BUT for some reason the UI appears to be displayed fine
  2. I'm getting weird fractal distortions in heavy scenes that randomly appear. On less busy scene files they don't seem to appear. Could this be a bug in a plugin? I've messed with the overall display settings and it doesn't seem to be having any effect

1. This one sounds it may be caused by incorrectly imported CUA assets. There is a particular flag that needs to be set in Unity Editor before producing the AssetBundle for VaM. I recommend to contact the creator of the scene/asset.
  2. Whether its a plugin depends on what plugins you use ;) If its that I would expect it to always happen, not just when the scene is busy, though. It might also simply be your graphics card running out of memory. Restarting VaM after to tried a lot of looks/clothing can potentially help somewhat.

Whether its a plugin depends on what plugins you use ;) If its that I would expect it to always happen, not just when the scene is busy, though. It might also simply be your graphics card running out of memory. Restarting VaM after to tried a lot of looks/clothing can potentially help somewhat.

Thanks for the first comment, I'll look into that.

For the second, It shouldn't be the video card running out of memory as I'm running it on a new 4090 FE. I've tried shutting down/rebooting, etc.

1. This one sounds it may be caused by incorrectly imported CUA assets. There is a particular flag that needs to be set in Unity Editor before producing the AssetBundle for VaM. I recommend to contact the creator of the scene/asset.
  2. Whether its a plugin depends on what plugins you use ;) If its that I would expect it to always happen, not just when the scene is busy, though. It might also simply be your graphics card running out of memory. Restarting VaM after to tried a lot of looks/clothing can potentially help somewhat.

It looks like it may be something with MacGruber's PostMagic Manager and MacGruber's Postmagic Anti-Alias. No way to configure this to see if there's a fix but only when I disable them does it seem to work

With a 4090 there should be really NO need to use PostMagic Anti-Alias (FXAA and TAA) . The quality of that is terrible, set VaM's MSAA to 8x instead and (when in VR) ramp up the render scale to max. PostMagic just exposes VaM functionally that does not have UI....super old tech. And its not possible to improve that, you have to wait for VaM 2.x.

The only reason to use PostMagic AA is if your machine can't even handle 4xMSAA. But with a 4090 I would suspect you won't even notice the performance difference of MSAA 8x.

Back
Top Bottom