Question New to Virt-A-Mate add at the top of the hub page

janet67

Reactions
I actually like the little video on the left of the "Subscribe on Patreon!" I also like how it shows a short video, and zooms in and out, and I can mouse over to see the various creators. I would love to be able to open a tab in my browser to see Endless creations in that format. I thought maybe it existed in Media drop down, but I could not locate it. If it does not already exist, I wonder if it can be created using a script? Ideally would be to view both within and without VAM. My question is does this already exit somewhere on the hub?

The banner's a nice touch. It's Javascript that's embedded in the page. It simply shuffles through a playlist of MP4 videos. There are currently 4 videos.

I'm not sure if it's worth it to create your own page to run the script just to watch 4 videos, but it's definitely possible. I guess they'll eventually add more videos. The videos appear to be hardcoded though, which means that the script would need to be updated if they do add more.

Upvote 0
Hi janet67,

Currently the four we have were made especially for the site as a proof of concept and to gauge the interest in them from the community. They are a unique aspect ratio designed for the upper bar of the page and would not fit well in any of our media areas, so they are only viewable there. Having a separate page where all the videos can be viewed is a great suggestion. We may add something like that down the line when we have more videos available.

We do have more in the works that we will be posting when they are done, and if interest is high we may also open it up for community contributions.

Take care!

Upvote 0
Hi janet67,

Currently the four we have were made especially for the site as a proof of concept and to gauge the interest in them from the community. They are a unique aspect ratio designed for the upper bar of the page and would not fit well in any of our media areas, so they are only viewable there. Having a separate page where all the videos can be viewed is a great suggestion. We may add something like that down the line when we have more videos available.

We do have more in the works that we will be posting when they are done, and if interest is high we may also open it up for community contributions.

Take care!
That would be interesting, I would love to see hundreds or more videos with the camera moving in and out, with the creators on the mouse over. Bigger would be better of course, maybe click on it to open the bar to half page. Anyway, I love the concept, and it would be fun to watch while reading the forums.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom