Needing help with Collider advice

Skua0169

Reactions
First let me say that my interest is only screenshots, I don't do animation. With 1.9, I could turn off collision and still have colliders for hair and clothes. Now with 1.2 turning off collision effects hair and clothes. Using 1.2 I am fighting with stutter. fluttering or whichever term people are using when shaking occurs when two objects are close (hand to breast, breast to breast, etc...). I have used Acidbubbles Collider Editor but I don't find it intuitive, personally. There are a lot of colliders just for the hand that trying to find the collider causing any issues is difficult for me. The CE is a great tool, and the users who get it love it; I am just having a hard time with it. So my question is for the users of the latest version of 1.2; how are you getting the skin on skin contact? What are you doing to prevent the shaking and stuttering from happening? What settings are you using to minimize Collider/Collision issues? Any advice you can provide would be very helpful.

Since nobody replied, trial and error is how I've been doing it. I use the collider editor, disable all the colliders for the area and then start adding some back in and observing to see if I'm getting the desired effect. With all the colliders off, it'll just pass through like a ghost pretty much. Use that xray preview mode to see them interact. Something else to consider is the effect springs have. I generally turn the springs way down on my models, but doing so will also affect the look vs gravity etc...so turning down the springs may require also turning down mass, and/or re-adjusting morphs.

Back
Top Bottom