Question Mouse cursor/Atom Selection/Desktop mode

GordonShock

Reactions
Hello,

I understand the "C" can let you cycle between atoms, but when working with multiple, and tightly spaced atoms, it is still a chore just to select the right one.

See screenshot, my cursor was the red circle, so far away from the slider I wanted to select.

Is there any way to make the cursor and atom icon be in sync, so to speak?

Attachments

• Cursoe.jpg
    Cursoe.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 0
Solution
PowerHandles plugin (part of Essentials) might help here as it allows you to scale the atom icons. However, it does not help with selecting.

Otherwise one or more of these options:
  • Don't move your mouse and use C to cycle through the nearby atoms. Name of the atom is displayed at the bottom. Click to select.
  • Click multiple times on the same spot. That cycles through the atoms as well.
  • Use the Select menu, its the curcor icon in the lower right of VaM's main icon bar. You can search by name there, etc.
  • Set the "Hidden" checkbox for atoms you don't care about. You can toggle showing hidding atoms via H.
PowerHandles plugin (part of Essentials) might help here as it allows you to scale the atom icons. However, it does not help with selecting.

Otherwise one or more of these options:
  • Don't move your mouse and use C to cycle through the nearby atoms. Name of the atom is displayed at the bottom. Click to select.
  • Click multiple times on the same spot. That cycles through the atoms as well.
  • Use the Select menu, its the curcor icon in the lower right of VaM's main icon bar. You can search by name there, etc.
  • Set the "Hidden" checkbox for atoms you don't care about. You can toggle showing hidding atoms via H.

Upvote 0
Solution
Yes, 3&4 seems like a good combo.

I'll give Power Handle a try, hopefully, it and Context Menu from PluginIdea can co-exist.

Thanks a bunch, mister.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom