Motoko

Damarmau

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
The morphs arent loading for me for some reason . S orry, i missed a var file. A ll gud

Which morph did you miss? the morphs arent loading for me either.
Did you download the updated morph var? You need version 4 for the morphs (you should be able to remove previous versions).

Did you download the updated morph var? You need version 4 for the morphs (you should be able to remove previous versions).

Yeh cheers mate that is what i missed

So it looks like when you click on the morph var from the dependencies list it shows version 1 of the var and not the latest that you get when hitting the download button from the morph vars resource page.

I’ll have to investigate how to fix this later when I’m home from work but that seems to be the cause for this issue which has popped up a few times for this look. I’m not sure if it is some setting in the morph var itself or some other setting I have to mess with but will update once I’ve figured it out.

(As reply for another reply to my review)
Thank you for the answer. I understood the topic from your side and it's... kind of a bummer now. I'm for sure not intending to blame you for anything, I am not even sure what is the core of this problem. You as a creator must have a way to use parts of other creator's free content, I think, but they are also have rights to doit by a single var, which is the easiest way for them to deliver their work. May be itis an issue of the var system itself?..

I’ll have to investigate how to fix this later when I’m home from work but that seems to be the cause for this issue which has popped up a few times for this look. I’m not sure if it is some setting in the morph var itself or some other setting I have to mess with but will update once I’ve figured it out.
After reading this discussion got me curious, so i investigated.

I believe this is VAM/var issue that was left behind/overlooked (maybe broken with 1.20.77.2).
If you have any previous version installed package manager counts it as "enough/latest" to run your package/scene/look (for whatever reason).
Even if you use ".latest" as reference it doesn't list latest version as requirements anymore or when you search for missing references,
only if you scan for "packages with updates" it shows possible update 1>4, 2>4, etc...

One temp-fix i can think of is to force use "exact" version as reference instead "latest" (example Damarmau.DAMAR_morphs.4)
however that can cause more headache down the road when you release v5,6,7 morphs...(with dupes or constant look bumbs to latest version req?)

After more testing i can confirm "contentList" inside meta is irrelevant (no comparison)
-have all files listed inside my "
dependencies" package and it still doesn't show v2 as requirements for my lobby scene (if only v1 is installed)
-when loading my scene i have missing textures error, naturally
That's only images & sounds, but same issue like your morphs package.Don't understand how this issue was overlooked...😒

After reading this discussion got me curious, so i investigated.

I believe this is VAM/var issue that was left behind/overlooked (maybe broken with 1.20.77.2).
If you have any previous version installed package manager counts it as "enough/latest" to run your package/scene/look (for whatever reason).
Even if you use ".latest" as reference it doesn't list latest version as requirements anymore or when you search for missing references,
only if you scan for "packages with updates" it shows possible update 1>4, 2>4, etc...

One temp-fix i can think of is to force use "exact" version as reference instead "latest" (example Damarmau.DAMAR_morphs.4)
however that can cause more headache down the road when you release v5,6,7 morphs...(with dupes or constant look bumbs to latest version req?)

After more testing i can confirm "contentList" inside meta is irrelevant (no comparison)
-have all files listed inside my "
dependencies" package and it still doesn't show v2 as requirements for my lobby scene (if only v1 is installed)
-when loading my scene i have missing textures error, naturally
That's only images & sounds, but same issue like your morphs package.Don't understand how this issue was overlooked...😒
I haven’t even tried it looking at in game. Issue is on the website itself where it would have no way of knowing what you have installed or not. Possibly related to issue you describe too though.

If you click on the morphs var from dependency list on site is shows version one, from the morph resource page it shows version 4. @CitizenX said he would look into it.

26552A85-3E55-4B2B-95C0-E381E7CE4989.jpeg
026FD921-0CD5-422C-9FB2-4AE6339FEB32.jpeg

Interesting
If you click on the morphs var from dependency list on site is shows version one, from the morph resource page it shows version 4.
Interesting
I see you have double uploads of v1 (2021-07-07) morphs under history tab, maybe that's the reason (my wild guess).

I went and check if that's the case with my reference package, but when i click on download (from dependencies tab) it picks v2 (latest).
manualDownload.jpg
However there is still issue with packageManager where latest=any, probably unrelated to this manual download from site (wrong version).

In any case, let's hope site side of things gets fixed. ;)

EDIT: You can ignore my blabbering from above, maybe using minimum required version instead of latest
can fix this issue for you, to make sure users have correct package for your "xyz" look.

Last edited:
(As reply for another reply to my review)
Thank you for the answer. I understood the topic from your side and it's... kind of a bummer now. I'm for sure not intending to blame you for anything, I am not even sure what is the core of this problem. You as a creator must have a way to use parts of other creator's free content, I think, but they are also have rights to doit by a single var, which is the easiest way for them to deliver their work. May be itis an issue of the var system itself?..

The problem with sharing as a single var is that everything required gets repacked multiple times. Just as an example of this (just because I just downloaded these recently) are these 3 scenes:

All three include the same 178mb of textures and morphs.
I would venture a guess he includes these on many of his scenes. Sure it might remove a few dependencies by packing things this way but at the same time instead of having some dependencies that total 178mb I now have 534mb. If half of his resources on hub have this 178mb of identical textures and morphs and if I was subbed that would be almost 9GB of duplicate textures and morphs clogging up my vam drive.

The same thing happens with clothing and hair. I have several duplicate entries of the same hairs and clothing items because people are sloppy about how they package vars and include these in their own var instead of just referencing the originals. This can lead to further issues for newer creators who aren't as familiar with the var system and then instead of using the original that has no dependencies they pick one of the duplicates by accident and inherit all the dependencies that scene had and it just snowballs from there.

Bottom line is a having several dependencies isn't bad assuming there are items actually used from them. Some of the additional dependencies in this particular scene are from including a scene with lighting, several different clothing items from existing stuff and 3 different hairstyles. If you just want a list of the bare minimum to get the girl, 1 hairstyle and no clothes or scene I can break it down for you you though.

Back
Top Bottom