mmd2timeline

Plugins mmd2timeline

Hi - this is great and glad to see you are partnering with noone77521. The whole reason I made this account originally was to ask about MMDShow plugin!

I had some questions about the settings, I couldn't find a definition of what some of these do:
1. Enable Mouth Physics Mesh
2. Enable Breast Physics Mesh - Guessing this is soft breast physics?
3. Enable Lower Physics Mesh - I am guessing this is soft glute physics
4. Motion Position State - What does on vs. off do?
5. Motion Rotation State - What does on vs. off do?
6. Close Lower Bones
7. Force Disable IK

1. About Mouth\Breast\Lower Physics Mesh Switches. It's all about soft physics switches. The soft physics of the mouth is disabled by default. If it's on, it will cause the person's lips to be blown up when the dance moves are too big.
2. About Motion Position\Rotation State Settings. This will set the default values for the plugin control joints. Just keep the default if you don't know its purpose.
3. About The "Close Lower Bones" feature. This option and The "Motion Position\Rotation State" options are special requests from some players who may need to do something special with the person in the scene during the dance. I don't know what they'll do either. Strange Humans.
4. About The "Force Disable IK" feature. Some older versions of MMD don't have IK, so you can enable this option to avoid IK fixes causing motion anomalies. If you need more guidance on this, please contact @sfishere .

Mostly open setup options are used to handle some special needs, if you're not sure what a feature is used for, keep the defaults.

1. About Mouth\Breast\Lower Physics Mesh Switches. It's all about soft physics switches. The soft physics of the mouth is disabled by default. If it's on, it will cause the person's lips to be blown up when the dance moves are too big.
2. About Motion Position\Rotation State Settings. This will set the default values for the plugin control joints. Just keep the default if you don't know its purpose.
3. About The "Close Lower Bones" feature. This option and The "Motion Position\Rotation State" options are special requests from some players who may need to do something special with the person in the scene during the dance. I don't know what they'll do either. Strange Humans.
4. About The "Force Disable IK" feature. Some older versions of MMD don't have IK, so you can enable this option to avoid IK fixes causing motion anomalies. If you need more guidance on this, please contact @sfishere .

Mostly open setup options are used to handle some special needs, if you're not sure what a feature is used for, keep the defaults.
Got it thank you for the information and thank you both for the work on this!

Thank you very much for creating such a fantastic plugin. However, I've noticed that if the character's scaling factor is not set to 1, the animations become distorted. Adjusting the action scale to match the character's scale doesn't seem to resolve the issue. Is there a solution to this problem?

sfishere updated mmd2timeline with a new update entry:

Provide Open Actions and Triggers

Now the Player feature offers open Actions and Triggers. You can invoke them in your scene.

This version provides a new component Trigger, it sets the trigger event of the Player.

View attachment 329480

Select the trigger on the left side of the Trigger component and set the trigger action on the right side (the right interface learns the implementation idea of ActionGrouper, special thanks to @JayJayWon).

Trigger can provide different types of data such as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello brother
Your work is art.
Is there a way to save user settings such as mmd motion scale?
It's difficult because the scale is fixed at 0.85 every time I load it.

Hello brother
Your work is art.
Is there a way to save user settings such as mmd motion scale?
It's difficult because the scale is fixed at 0.85 every time I load it.

There are two ways to adjust the motion scale:
1. Adjust the current motion scale in Player module, the default value is 0.85, you can adjust it to the desired value and save the setting, so the next time you play this MMD it will use the set value.
2. Adjust the global motion scale in Settings module. If you haven't set the scale value for the current motion in Player module, it will use the global set value.

Thank you very much for creating such a fantastic plugin. However, I've noticed that if the character's scaling factor is not set to 1, the animations become distorted. Adjusting the action scale to match the character's scale doesn't seem to resolve the issue. Is there a solution to this problem?

Yes, this issue does exist.

It'll probably be fixed in some future version, so until then just play with Person Scale 1.

Can this handle multiple person atoms animated by the mmd, as well as the camera?

Multiple Person Atom is supported. Include the same VMD motion file for multiple persons and use a separate VMD motion file for each persons.
It's just that when multiple persons use the same VMD motion file, you need to adjust the position of the persons by yourself to avoid them colliding together.

No matter how many Person Atoms there are, Just load ONE mmd2timeline Player plugin in the scene and it will automatically recognise the Person Atoms in the scene and display them in the Player module for you to set up their motions.

Camera is a bit complicated.
In fact, there is no direct correlation between camera and motion in MMD, Camera runs according to its own motion track.
So when the person's position changes, the camera can't follow the movement yet.
We provided a Focus feature, but it only support pointing the Camera at ONE person, it might solve some of the issues, but I don't think this is enough.
So unless you have native multi person motions and the matching VMD data for the camera motions, the Camera probably won't work very well in multi person mode.

Last edited:
There are two ways to adjust the motion scale:
1. Adjust the current motion scale in Player module, the default value is 0.85, you can adjust it to the desired value and save the setting, so the next time you play this MMD it will use the set value.
2. Adjust the global motion scale in Settings module. If you haven't set the scale value for the current motion in Player module, it will use the global set value.

thx ! i rty!

The current version of this plugin is so fantastic, I actually ended up cleaning out/restoring from the files from the paid option; I've always worried about issues/hitches it causes in VaM...among other things. It's a powerful and (technically) user-friendly option, with a more functional camera/multi-person situation, but I'm a lot more comfortable with this resource.

There is one issue I've noticed that I haven't seen mentioned however, and that's compatibility with moyashi's PostProcessing plugin. It only seems to be an issue when a camera VMD file is in use by the plugin on desktop; camera-less desktop use and VR use don't have this issue.

Hope there's a fix as I ended returning to PostProcessing and now kinda' love it more than PostMagic lol. A lot more powerful when honing in a toon-ier lighting/shading look.

Thanks again!

The current version of this plugin is so fantastic, I actually ended up cleaning out/restoring from the files from the paid option; I've always worried about issues/hitches it causes in VaM...among other things. It's a powerful and (technically) user-friendly option, with a more functional camera/multi-person situation, but I'm a lot more comfortable with this resource.

There is one issue I've noticed that I haven't seen mentioned however, and that's compatibility with moyashi's PostProcessing plugin. It only seems to be an issue when a camera VMD file is in use by the plugin on desktop; camera-less desktop use and VR use don't have this issue.

Hope there's a fix as I ended returning to PostProcessing and now kinda' love it more than PostMagic lol. A lot more powerful when honing in a toon-ier lighting/shading look.

Thanks again!

...gah, I had a feeling it was a setting I could already fix on my end. Unchecking "Enable FOV" in the camera options in the mmdSettings part of the plugin makes it work. Sorry for the bother.

v1.3 Support for MMD playlist in VAR packages.

1. There is now a "Sync Mode" feature in the Settings interface that allows you to choose whether the progress is "SyncWithAudio" or "SyncWithGame". The default is "SyncWithAudio". Using the "SyncWithGame" mode allows you to use third-party plug-ins for frame-by-frame recording.
2. Added the audio source selection feature. Now you can select an AudioSource in the scene for audio playback.
3. Adjusted the precision processing when updating the playback progress according to the audio...

v1.3f1 Optimise camera control mode

This is a minor update.
  1. Adjusted processing logic for custom camera atoms. Selected WindowCamera is now supported and an atom with Embody plugin attached will be selected automatically. If the Embody plugin is attached to the target atom, the Embody Active status can be automatically synchronised with the Camera Active status, and does not need to be set by Trigger.
  2. Fixed the problem that the receiver whose target type is Bool when setting a trigger cannot correctly determine...

I should have asked about this before, but would it be possible/easy to include a "head X-axis rotation angle" adjust feature?

I realize this is a fairly niche situation/request, but some imported-model types would definitely benefit from having this feature, as they may naturally look "up" too much with the whole head during motions (regardless of scale).

Again, pretty niche, so understandable if you ignore it...but it would definitely be a help for me at least. Thanks either way, still loving the plugin! ^_^

I should have asked about this before, but would it be possible/easy to include a "head X-axis rotation angle" adjust feature?

I realize this is a fairly niche situation/request, but some imported-model types would definitely benefit from having this feature, as they may naturally look "up" too much with the whole head during motions (regardless of scale).

Again, pretty niche, so understandable if you ignore it...but it would definitely be a help for me at least. Thanks either way, still loving the plugin! ^_^

It will be supported in the next version, thanks for the suggestion.

v1.4 Camera Optimised

This is a big step.
This version fixes the often-criticised camera problem with the mmd2timeline/MMDShow player feature.

1. Adjusted camera operations to fix camera shake and frame skipping in some cases.
  2. Add Camera Position Reference, the camera will automatically adjust the start position according to the selected atom. If you need to adjust the start position of the person, this option will help you to make the camera follow the...

can someone share where can i download vmd/mmd files?
https://www.patreon.com/kimagure

AFAIK, Kimagure's entire back catalogue is still available upon starting a monthly pledge at only $5 USD. They are the only quality motion creator still offering both prices this low, and more importantly offering back catalogue access upon initial pledge (without even a separate tier for this).

Please support their work if you are interested in acquiring VMD files for a more-than-reasonable fee. The rest of the field has gotten out of hand with pricing otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom