MetaChat

Plugins MetaChat

One is that since you have to sign up with an e-mail and birthday, people will probably hesitate because most are pretty private about their usage of this program though most of us are smart enough to have dummy emails and use fake birthdays.

Off topic humor. I wonder how may users signed up with 04/20/1969 as a birthday?

Just a heads up that upcoming 1.21.2 release is going to require users to opt-in to allow plugins to use network features. If this preference is not set, this plugin won't work as it is using namespaces that are restricted by the new option.
1675206745939.png

In response to this: https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/1...ol-plugin-networking-big-privacy-issue.23844/

Correction - it appears your plugin does not use the new restricted namespaces that this new preference sets. I see you are using built-in web panel so your plugin works fine as long as Enable Web Browsers and Allow All Sites (or your site is whitelisted) is set.

Sorry I have to backtrack again. I decided users will need to have this set to allow plugins access to the browser system. It shouldn't be too big a deal for users to opt in for this.

Good news, because we also have a working alternative (successor) to play any scene in Vam multiplayer!

This new multiplayer Vam plugin, has been named as "Vam Multiplayer Revamped". In short, we call it 'vammp revamped'. Developer is a hero called Elbios.

In the vammp revamped Discord, there are also videos of the multiplayer action:

Vammp revamped is under active development and we encourage all interested people to come test and give feedback for it!

Bear in mind that lot of features from Metachat are still absent, but in return the plugin is fast and lightweight. This benefits by having a super smooth multiplayer experience with small latency! You can also use e.g. CPU Performance Patch and GiveMeFPS mod from Vam Hub with it.

At the moment there is a server running 24/7 hosting on two lobbies, which people can use to play at any time.

See this on how to play Vammp revamped:

Vammp revamped information and registration can be found here:

Same links are also availablle in Metachat's old Discord.

Back
Top Bottom