Manually record a node having it record then not and then start again on the timeline?

Battletoad08

Reactions
I make scenes for myself and hand record each node, takes forever since I dont mocap.

I dont use the timeline plugin, it melts my brain.

Say the first 3 minutes of a scene I dont need a specific node to move, like a pelvis in a certain position. Then all of the sudden I need it to move a few times for like 10 seconds and then go back unrecorded and move with the body again for a while. My scenes are normally 10-15mins so it is a pain.

I need the node red for the unrecorded parts and green during the recorded parts of the body gets all crazy.

Ive done this by mistake before but cant figure out how to do it manually.

Thanks for any ideas

I know this is not the answer you're looking for, but you should learn timeline.
Start with the basics to understand it, then get more complex over the time. Pretty much no one uses the main timeline anymore.

The main timeline of VAM is a pain in the ass, you will always get in trouble at some point. You're loosing precious time making this work, rather than spending time improving the animation.

IF you understand how to use the main timeline, I'm fully certain that you can understand Timeline in less than a week : )

I know this is not the answer you're looking for, but you should learn timeline.
Start with the basics to understand it, then get more complex over the time. Pretty much no one uses the main timeline anymore.

The main timeline of VAM is a pain in the ass, you will always get in trouble at some point. You're loosing precious time making this work, rather than spending time improving the animation.

IF you understand how to use the main timeline, I'm fully certain that you can understand Timeline in less than a week : )
Ive made amazing animations 10-15mins long with the main timeline, man its alot of work tho doing each body part and planning ahead especially with 2 females.

Yup! I do not doubt that : )

But the moment you get Timeline, you'll see a very wide spectrum of possibilities open up for your future animations.

Back
Top Bottom