Male model without head

There are different plugins to hide body parts. You may want to take a look at the hub resources/free/plugin/ section.
Though, you will maybe still have issues with the head internals.
But I am somewhat sure there already were some older threads on removing the head.
A very quick and dirty solution would be to just reduce the head size way beyond the normal maximum, untill it is almost gone… we did that in the very beginning of VaM.

The solution with photo editing software works, however I would have preferred to hide head in VaM.

there is a hide character plugin that should do what you want!
Sadly I can't find the VAR file, I just have a raw .cs in my folder and no clue where I got it from now.

there is a hide character plugin that should do what you want!
Sadly I can't find the VAR file, I just have a raw .cs in my folder and no clue where I got it from now.

What a pity you forgot its name. I tried Embody and Improve POV, head is only disabled in the player's camera., noT in my camera VR 360.

I did some search, too, but couldn‘t find it anymore.
Unfortunately many of the old VaM Reddit stuff is lost.

By the way, if you take one of the „hide body“ plugins, you can relatively easy edit them to only hide the head.
I took a look at the script from the Motoko Robot look, which is available here at the download section.
In this script/plugin, the materials to hide are listed at the beginning very clearly. It is easy even for a non-coder like me.
You only need to delete all the entries for the body, like “legs“, „arms“, „fingernails“, aso. I made a test run the day before yesterday.
BUT, in this script the materials for the teeth, gums tongue and eyeballs are unfortunately already deleted. So, in the end most of the head internals are still shown.
I had no time to search for the missing material names in DAZ3d, so far. It already took me some time to search through those different scripts. Maybe you can find them on your own.

ImprovedPov should be a var plugin on the hub.
Did you see the message I sent you because that contains all you need?

So this is my posting No 1000, I thought it should be a little bit more than just "you are welcome". ;)

Here is a script published by Doofenschmalphys, and edited a bit by me.
I have removed the body materials and added the missing head-internals materials.
If you also want to remove the neck, open the file with a text editor and remove the "//" from the neck material names (you will find them).

You are welcome.

Attachments

• HideHead.cs
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
ImprovedPov should be a var plugin on the hub.
Did you see the message I sent you because that contains all you need?

I have already installed Improved POV from the VaM Hub but I didn't find the script of the plugin to edit it with your code.

So this is my posting No 1000, I thought it should be a little bit more than just "you are welcome". ;)

Here is a script published by Doofenschmalphys, and edited a bit by me.
I have removed the body materials and added the missing head-internals materials.
If you also want to remove the neck, open the file with a text editor and remove the "//" from the neck material names (you will find them).

You are welcome.

Congratulations for this thousandth post. 🥳

Now I have to figure out how to install it .

Just copy it to /custom/scripts/ and load it as a plugin
by the way... now that you ask this.... I forgot to test it on a male figure. :rolleyes:
Please tell my if it works, or if I have to edit it.

Last edited:
The code I gave you was a whole plugin all ready to use.
Just save the text as a .cs and use it as a plugin, nothing else needed doing.

Lol, this is a new situation: Users getting too much help! ;)

By the way, my plugin works for male figures, too.

Yeah, I pasted him the entire plugin in a dm, all he has to do is save it as a hidebody.cs and use it. I know it works because I have used it myself for hiding parts.

The code I gave you was a whole plugin all ready to use.
Just save the text as a .cs and use it as a plugin, nothing else needed doing.

The head is hid but the legs and arms are hid even if I uncheck options " hide legs" and "hide arms" in your plugin.

Just copy it to /custom/scripts/ and load it as a plugin
by the way... now that you ask this.... I forgot to test it on a male figure. :rolleyes:
Please tell my if it works, or if I have to edit it.

Your script works perfectly, head is hid. I just have to position my camera well so as not to see the inside of the body.

Thanks you both for your time. I'm sure it will help other users who have this problem. 😊

Back
Top Bottom