Make it possible to create Anime character face.

This is already possible, but...

You first need an anime style head and body morph. Then you need an anime style skin texture. There are some around in the community, but you have to dig deep.

BUT: It will look more like in Honey Select or Ai Shoujo, because you have no custom skin shaders in VaM at this point. To get a look like in Koikatsu or MMD, a custom "Cel Shade" skin shader would be needed. This will be possible with the future VaM 2.0.
I did many tests. It is somewhat possible, but it will be quite a bit of tinkering and it willö never look absolute perfect. Once you have the look, you will need anime hair styles and clothes... aso.
VaM can do so much much more than only anime style, like in the games you mentioned. Unfortunately therefore it is much more complicate to get such a special look, than in the games which are specialized on this (and only this). No click-and-ready in VaM, except of user made scenes.

If you want to go go deeper, then I suggest to visit the NoOC VaM Discord channel. Lots of anime and game-style stuff there, but also technical discussions and some tutorials.

This is already possible, but...

You first need an anime style head and body morph. Then you need an anime style skin texture. There are some around in the community, but you have to dig deep.

BUT: It will look more like in Honey Select or Ai Shoujo, because you have no custom skin shaders in VaM at this point. To get a look like in Koikatsu or MMD, a custom "Cel Shade" skin shader would be needed. This will be possible with the future VaM 2.0.
I did many tests. It is somewhat possible, but it will be quite a bit of tinkering and it willö never look absolute perfect. Once you have the look, you will need anime hair styles and clothes... aso.
VaM can do so much much more than only anime style, like in the games you mentioned. Unfortunately therefore it is much more complicate to get such a special look, than in the games which are specialized on this (and only this). No click-and-ready in VaM, except of user made scenes.

If you want to go go deeper, then I suggest to visit the NoOC VaM Discord channel. Lots of anime and game-style stuff there, but also technical discussions and some tutorials.

Alrighty. I guess it is possible but at least make it user friendly? It's super easy to create face on honey select etc. I know vam is complex but it will be nice if they make it little bit easier.

Hi, at the beginning, VaM was a little tool, where you could pose and move the few given DAZ figures with physics in VR. It was very easy to use and to manipulate, but after a short while it becomes boring. Meshed tried to keep the users satisfied with some new content every few weeks, but that wasn't by far the VaM we know today. Then he made the decision to further develope VaM as a sandbox tool, where the users can do almost everything they want and do the content for their own. He only provides some basic stuff for beginners, but made it more and more easy to share custom stuff and for some creators to sell stuff.

You see, this is quite the opposite from what Honey Select and co does. They give you some few easy tools and only a very few updates and that's it. A ready made stand alone game from a somewhat mayor game company. The community, getting bored after a while, has to find ways to mod the games by themselves with little to none support by Illusion. Illusion knows from older games, that they will earn more money by letting them do what they do, so in the end both concepts are coming together to a similar looking state. And Illusion is a big company, not a one-man-and-some-helpers project like VaM.

Long speech short: I doubt that something you have in mind will ever come. Maybe if VaM isn't beta anymore in some years and Meshed has to find ways to earn additional money. The most promesing way would be, if some user will make a custom project with a package full of morphs, textures, poses, clothes, backgrounds and stuff like this, and a helping plugin-user inteface. It is definitely possible, but it is a lot of work and I am not sure, if there will be enough people who will like this enough. With the future coming of the new VaM 2.0, which will make most old custom stuff obsolete, it is unfortunately even more unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom