• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Why NVidia Geforce experience doesn't work on VAM? Is it possible to make it work? Is there any way to get UPSCALED screenshots?

Very likely you don't want to upscale for screenshots? That would mean render at low resolution and scale the image, which results in bad quality. I think what you want is either render at higher resolution or use super-sampling.

You can activate a resolution multiplier in the Nvidia driver settings, no need for Geforce Experience.

However, I strongly recommend to just use my SuperShot plugin to do screenshots. It can do screenshots up to 4x your actual resolution, although its limited to a maximum resolution of 8192x8192 and of course limited by your available VRAM. Super-sampling in combination with 8x MSAA requires a MASSIVE amount of graphics memory, easily 2-3GB for an 8K screenshot, in addition to what VaM needs itself. So don't expect that to work on some crappy Laptop graphics card. SuperShot has various options for aspect ratio, whether to GPU downscale the image for you or just output the large image, a choice between PNG and JPG export and various other improvements over the VaM build-in tool.

If you wanna do video, and have the beast of PC for that, there is also the SuperVideo plugin found in the same package. On my RTX2070 I can do stable 30fps FullHD video at 2x supersampling and 8x MSAA.

Back
Top Bottom