Make easier to pick/choose bones on desktop mod.

KameronFox

Reactions
I don't know about vr but on desktop mod it so frustrating to choose right bone to move. Like holy moly... I literally hover over that little cube and game decides to pick cube that 200 pixels away. How does this work?

Did you know you can repeatedly press C to cycle through all the ones near your cursor, you will see them listed on the toolbar below and just click when you get to the one you want.

You can also use the Main Menu -> Select Tab to pick specific Control points directly. But using the C key is usually more comfortable.
The Look-At-Target is also selectable with this menu. This can be useful if you have a nice camera angle for a screenshot, but the eyes are not in the best position and your target is far away: Just select the look at target with Select, go to the move tab and push the XYZ position until the eyes are in the position you want.

Did you know you can repeatedly press C to cycle through all the ones near your cursor, you will see them listed on the toolbar below and just click when you get to the one you want?

I'm talking about this.
1.jpg

so what's happening here is when I select a bone and try to change it, I'm literally hovering my mouse over them still can't select it. I have to either change view angle. It's just the closest example there is more...

I'm talking about this.
View attachment 1012
so what's happening here is when I select a bone and try to change it, I'm literally hovering my mouse over them still can't select it. I have to either change view angle. It's just the closest example there is more...
Pressing C cycles through them, you don't need to change the angle, keep your cursor hovered near the one you want and the one you can select will be names in the toolbar below and highlighted yellow like that yellow one in your picture.
I do find if you have a bone already selected nearby it will be a PITA, just make sure to deselect first before cycling through with C.

Checkout UIAssist v1.5 that has a couple of features to help with this. For example you can hide the red off nodes.

Back
Top Bottom