• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Magic Mushrooms

Scenes Magic Mushrooms

vamurai

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
vamurai
vamurai submitted a new resource:

Magic Mushrooms - Is this real, or is it the psilocybin talking?

The Scene

Hiking through an allegedly enchanted forest, Attom happens upon some enormous mushrooms. Being the mycology enthusiast that he is, he quickly realizes that these are of a psilocybin genus (magic mushrooms!) and promptly gets to eating them. The details are fuzzy from there, but he soon finds himself leaning naked against a rock with his dick in his hand.

View attachment 226452

It’s turned from day to night, and he’s somehow built himself a...

Read more about this resource...

1679699526052.png

Also, I just tried playing in Vam1.20 (same errors as 1.22) but the guy looked at the girls this time.

The Ella morph is in v13 but var is looking for them in v9 (didn't exist back then)
Very weird. I tried it in my test instance that has v13 and I didn't see the errors at all. I'll keep digging. I can try updating the original save file to v13, which might fix it.

Is anyone else out there seeing this problem?

Very weird. I tried it in my test instance that has v13 and I didn't see the errors at all. I'll keep digging. I can try updating the original save file to v13, which might fix it.

Is anyone else out there seeing this problem?
The errors are fixed w/ v13 but I didn't already have the DAMARMAU morphs loaded and just hit "Download All" from your scenes page (from inside VaM) and it grabbed v9 instead of .latest. Sounds like maybe a hub issue? But it did it for both the VaM-1.20 and VaM-1.22 instances I tried. I had to find the morphs separately and tell it update to v13.

For some reason when the characters stop masturbating, the penis morph goes to 1 and locks into the ground, and no animation goes good, do you know what could cause this?

For some reason when the characters stop masturbating, the penis morph goes to 1 and locks into the ground, and no animation goes good, do you know what could cause this?
That's strange. In Timeline, what's happening is the "erect" geometry is being set to 1.00 to make the penis lay down flat on his pelvis. The elves start showing up, and when Ella first reaches down to grab him at about 95 seconds in, the penis morph goes back to 0.00 erect I'm also using Divining Rod at a couple points later in the scene to help with general alignment.

I would double-check that you have update versions of all of the dependencies that the scene is using, and that none of them are disabled in your package manager (there are filters for this in Package Manager on the left hand side.) I'm not sure what else would cause that. Do you have any screenshots or video that show what you're seeing? Are you seeing this in Desktop Mode, VR mode, or both?

That's strange. In Timeline, what's happening is the "erect" geometry is being set to 1.00 to make the penis lay down flat on his pelvis. The elves start showing up, and when Ella first reaches down to grab him at about 95 seconds in, the penis morph goes back to 0.00 erect I'm also using Divining Rod at a couple points later in the scene to help with general alignment.

I would double-check that you have update versions of all of the dependencies that the scene is using, and that none of them are disabled in your package manager (there are filters for this in Package Manager on the left hand side.) I'm not sure what else would cause that. Do you have any screenshots or video that show what you're seeing? Are you seeing this in Desktop Mode, VR mode, or both?
I reinstalled the game, made a clean install, deleted all plugins and downloaded everything again, and still occurs the same problem, if i download all the dependencies needed by the scene on the ingame hub, it shouldnt be problems right? this is what happens.
Also im on Desktop mode

Attachments

• 2215125.jpg
    2215125.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 0
  • 2352352.jpg
    2352352.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 0
I reinstalled the game, made a clean install, deleted all plugins and downloaded everything again, and still occurs the same problem, if i download all the dependencies needed by the scene on the ingame hub, it shouldnt be problems right? this is what happens.
Also im on Desktop mode
Man, I just don't know. I'll try it on a clean install tomorrow, but so far I've been unable to reproduce this. :(

Also im on Desktop mode
So I did clean install this morning, nothing else installed, just downloaded the scene and the dependencies from the in-game hub, and it all works over here for me. It's a really confusing problem. I could see if there was a plugin that I was controlling the penis angle with the whole time, but in this scene I only use Divining Rod for a little while. Most of the penis angle is controlled directly with the built-in morph called "Erect." I tend to prefer animating blowjobs this way so I don't end up with strange movement on the penis with an automatic controller. I'm kind of out of ideas here, as I haven't ever seen this problem before, and I haven't heard of anyone else who's having it.

Also, in Voyeur mode it seemed odd the guy's head followed me around instead of watching the action.
While I was testing this on a clean install, I saw noticed the problem you were talking about. His eyes were working properly (the Glance plugin still has him tracking the elves) but his head was turning constantly toward "you." I think I found the source of this issue: The Gaze plugin controls his head movements, and should be tracking EyeTarget, which I have parented to the elves atom. Unfortunately, at some point in my final edits, I failed to add this parenting for EyeTarget in his poses that are saved in Timeline. Rookie mistake! I will fix that this morning, and upload a new version when I get a chance today.

Also, in Voyeur mode it seemed odd the guy's head followed me around instead of watching the action.
Actually, I stand corrected. When it appears that the dependency list has Macgruber's Life 12 as a requirement, but the Gaze part of that plugin that I used on is from Life 13, which has a newer version of Gaze. The feature that the older version is missing is the ability to force Gaze to look at a specific target, rather than just EyeControl. I'll see if I can get Life 13 in the dependency list so downloading the scene's dependencies snags the correct one. In the meantime, simply updating to Macgruber's Life 13 and reloading the scene will fix the problem.

Last edited:
vamurai updated Magic Mushrooms with a new update entry:

Small fix to dependencies.

Hey all,

This update its to address a dependency problem where the package didn't properly recognize that it needs Macgruber's Life version 13 for the updated version of Glance. This was causing Atom's head to always turn towards you in 3rd person view instead of towards the elves like he should. Thank you to @CheersMate for spotting this problem initially, I only just now was able to determine the root...

Read the rest of this update entry...

vamurai updated Magic Mushrooms with a new update entry:

One more time, with feeling!

There must be something wrong with how the hub is detecting the dependency list needing both Life 12 (from another package that lists it as a dependency) and Life 13 (from my package.) It seems to only show Life 12 as a dependency. I have hand-removed it from the dependency list in the json file and can't really test that the hub will detect it right until I upload it. If this upload doesn't work, I will stop wasting your guys' time with updates!

Read the rest of this update entry...

vamurai said:
There must be something wrong with how the hub is detecting the dependency list needing both Life 12 (from another package that lists it as a dependency) and Life 13 (from my package.) It seems to only show Life 12 as a dependency. I have hand-removed it from the dependency list in the json file and can't really test that the hub will detect it right until I upload it. If this upload doesn't work, I will stop wasting your guys' time with updates!
The hub doesn't list 12 as your dependency but vam will always download the whole dependency tree. As far as I know, there's now way to change that.

The hub doesn't list 12 as your dependency but vam will always download the whole dependency tree. As far as I know, there's now way to change that.
Well it did and that was the problem. I had an actual dependency of 13, but one of other the dependencies (Oeshii's Jade) has a dependency for Life 12. When you would load the dependency list on the hub, even though the package had dependencies for both 12 and 13, it was only listing 12 in the dependency list. This meant that if you loaded the in-game hub, downloaded my scene, then downloaded all of the listed dependencies, you'd actually only get Life 12, and not Life 13. Since my scene uses Gaze from 13 (12 doesn't have all of the features) this was breaking the male atom's ability to always turn his head at the elves instead at the camera view (you.)

I fixed this in my latest update by manually editing the json file in the var package by removing the lines that list Life 12 as a dependency. Now that I've done this, only Life 13 is listed as a dependency on the hub, which is fine, since my actual scene does not need/use Life 12.

Haha, does that all make sense?

Sure, I get it. Seems like a bug that the hub wouldn't list 12 and 13 if both are present in the meta file. Even if one is nested.

Great scene, as always, but I'm not so sure I like the way you use the Character Transparency plugin - even if the effect is turned off, it "overrides" normal textures. Granted, you'd only notice that if you use quite striking normals, eg for very buff characters (which I do), but still.

If you're intereseted, I've slapped together a version with an additional trigger-track that enables/disables the Character Transparency plugin instead of modifying the slider. The effect is quite striking in its own right - it takes about a second for the normal textures to become visible again. Maybe that could be used as part of an effect in its own right?

Great scene, as always, but I'm not so sure I like the way you use the Character Transparency plugin - even if the effect is turned off, it "overrides" normal textures. Granted, you'd only notice that if you use quite striking normals, eg for very buff characters (which I do), but still.

If you're intereseted, I've slapped together a version with an additional trigger-track that enables/disables the Character Transparency plugin instead of modifying the slider. The effect is quite striking in its own right - it takes about a second for the normal textures to become visible again. Maybe that could be used as part of an effect in its own right?
Hey, if you've found a more effective way of doing it, I'm absolutely interested in checking it out. I'm always looking for constructive criticism and ways to improve my scenes. This was something totally new for me, so I'm not surprised if there's a better way of getting the job done!

I hadn't considered doing an enable/disable on the plugin itself. I think I was going for the "fade in/out" effect, which I didn't think I could get with just turning the plugin on and off.

Doesn't work for me in VR. Works perfect in desktop. Problem in VR is that he stays flacid too long and the rest of the animation doesn't work right because of it. What's causing this?

Doesn't work for me in VR. Works perfect in desktop. Problem in VR is that he stays flacid too long and the rest of the animation doesn't work right because of it. What's causing this?
Man, I wonder if it's the same problem I had with the last scene. Let me look more into this. I wonder if I need to stop using the erect morph entirely. These last two scenes are the first ones in a LONG list of them that use both the Divining Rod plugin and that morph in conjunction.

Man, I wonder if it's the same problem I had with the last scene. Let me look more into this. I wonder if I need to stop using the erect morph entirely. These last two scenes are the first ones in a LONG list of them that use both the Divining Rod plugin and that morph in conjunction.
No idea. It's either that or the fact that the music isn't lining up perfectly because there's less performance in VR. I'm running a 3080ti and top of the line shit everywhere else so idk what else I could do.

No idea. It's either that or the fact that the music isn't lining up perfectly because there's less performance in VR. I'm running a 3080ti and top of the line shit everywhere else so idk what else I could do.
Weird. I have the same card and it's perfect in VR. Refresh rate maybe?

I have it set to 90. What is yours?
I checked and it looked like I built the scene in auto, which was set to 72. I just tried it again in VR at 90 and a bunch of others and it didn't seem to matter. On my end, I am running a 3080ti with a 5700x, 64GB of memory and the Quest 2. The only way I can get a serious performance loss is if I turn the Render Scale up to 2.00 in the Performance tab of User Preferences. If I set it to 1.0, it performs great. This is what my settings look like when I play it in Desktop and VR:

1682052281401.png

Back
Top Bottom