• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question look room save as enviroments

eje

Reactions
Sorry for the noob question: is it possible to somehow save the rooms downloaded as var files as environments? I can't figure out how I should, or if it's not possible, how to put a look animation in the opened room...thx for the help

Environments? Are you using vamX? Not sure if you can modify that or other vamX menus.

You can just click the "Add vamX To Scene" in the lower right corner of the UI if you want to use in something you downloaded.

Upvote 0
Environments? Are you using vamX? Not sure if you can modify that or other vamX menus.

You can just click the "Add vamX To Scene" in the lower right corner of the UI if you want to use in something you downloaded.

Hello! Thanks for the answer, no, I'm using normal VAM..
2.png

I want to use the rooms opened from the scene selector:

1.png

but I don't know how to save them, or if I can't save, how to open another scene within the scene.. I'm probably not using it well , but inside the room I can't find how to add another scene (with specific animation and characters)... I can manage them, but I can't place the animation in the room
4.png

Upvote 0
you can save the animation as a subscene and load that into a different scene. For examble animated couple on a bed spawn a subscene atom if the animation is timeline plugin on each character then you just go to each character control tab and assign them to the subscene as parented. you can also add the bed if its a seperate cua. If the animation is an animation pattern that needs to be added as well. when you have every thing added then save the subscene.
Now you can load the scene you want to add animation to. spawn a subscene atom and load your saved subscene.

PS. I find it is best when changing scenes in a play session it is best to restart vam before changing to a new scene.

Upvote 0
Some environments are just custom unity assets. You can try adding one to the scene and see if you can find the file for the environment there. Another way would be to merge load the scenes. Strip everything you don't need from each scene and merge load them. Of course you may need to move around some things after. Also disable collision on the people so they dont explode if you try to merge a person onto a wall or something. I'm sure this is all very confusing, lol, don't worry there's almost always a way in vam.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom